"Stuff You Need to Know"

Let us know what you think about the site and the forums and give us your suggestions on how to make them better.

Moderator: Moderators

petridish38
Second Gear

"Stuff You Need to Know"

Post by petridish38 »

it seems to me that the "Stuff You Need to Know" forum is becoming an "Introductions" forum.

Don't get me wrong, I like when people introduce themselves and tell us a little about their cars, but do i really "need to know" that?

You could add another forum for introductions, but I do realize that having too many forums for every little thing can be quite troublesome.

I just think that while its not too much of a problem yet (and i don't know why people post their introductions in the "need to know" forum anyways) eventually new members could enter that forum in search of information that they really should know (spark plugs, posting images, etc...) and be overwhelmed by all of the other posts.

It may just be as simple to change the "misc." description to something along the lines of "Stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else...and a place to introduce yourself"

Just a thought...
1990 Legacy LS Sedan FWD NA MT
209,000 miles!
2002 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon
http://www.myspace.com/petridish38
http://www.cardomain.com/id/petridish38
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

yeah I think intro's should go in the misc forum.

I suppose i can go through the stuff you need to know forum and move all the intro's to the misc forum.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

I've addressed this problem.

Thanks for bringing your concern to me, it prompted me to act on something i'd noticed but hadn't done anything about.

Dave
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+