Stickies

Let us know what you think about the site and the forums and give us your suggestions on how to make them better.

Moderator: Moderators

THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Stickies

Post by THAWA »

Seems like lately people are asking the same questions, so could we do a sticky or something in the more popular sections that contained links to the threads that have info that keep getting asked? I dunno if it's really needed right now but like they say, an ounce of prevention or whatever.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I dunno... most of the questions that would be appropriate for that sort of thing would also be answered pretty quickly with a search I think.

Though I guess I see your point about an ounce of prevention. One day we'll have so many threads it will take a long time to search for even the most common questions.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

Recommend some stickies. I've done it in the past, and as long as it doesn't get more than 5-6 per forum, it should't be too intrusive.

Dave
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

well I'm thinking just one thread that'll have links to other threads like
Discussion about one thing: (link)
discussion about another thing: (link)
discussion about another thing: (link)
etc

saves on clutter

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

I agree that some of the most basic things should be easy to find. I'm not sure stickying threads is the best idea though. Even recently I've tried searching for things only to have a TON of threads come up. Wading through all those threads can take a lot of time and doesn't always prove helpful :(

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

An FAQ in each forum or the most traveled is a good idea, however I will also say, people really need to learn how to utilize and properly use the search engine.

The default settings suck, you need to change them to search for ALL terms to get anything relavent.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm