New Search Option

Let us know what you think about the site and the forums and give us your suggestions on how to make them better.

Moderator: Moderators

FrmRgz2Rchz
First Gear

New Search Option

Post by FrmRgz2Rchz »

Is there already a way to search for a post by the date in which it was posted? If not, I think it would be cool to have a Quick Search Button on the front page that will automatically search the last 100 posts made to the board.

I really liked on the yahoo board how you could view the list of the posts by the time they were posts. This way, if i hadn't kept up with the board, I could search for the last post I had read, and then start looking for topics that interested me and start reading again.

I think with the Quick Search Button, it might accomplish the same thing.
Andy Rose
1993 Subaru Legacy Sport Sedan
2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
1999 Hyundai Accent
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I usually use the "View posts since last visit" function when I sign on. But, if last time I didn't read all the new messages, that doesn't work right, so then I just do a search and put "*" in the Author field (leaving the query itself blank). Since the default is to sort by post time, that gives a list of all threads ordered chronologically. I guess that's probably fairly hard on the server, so it's probably not good to do that all the time, though.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212