Can we exclude ashtray from being indexed/included in search

Let us know what you think about the site and the forums and give us your suggestions on how to make them better.

Moderator: Moderators

ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Can we exclude ashtray from being indexed/included in search

Post by ciper »

I see no reason to waste time on the forum, either my time or the servers CPU time. Can we remove it from the search?
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

What's wrong with just ignoring the posts in the ashtray?
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

unfortunately there's no real option to choose what get's indexed or not. phpBB indexes every post that get's posted. If you happen to know of a phpBB hack that allows us to specify what gets indexed, I don't think Dave would have any problems with it.

However, it might be nice every now and then be able to search that forum though.

So...as of now....i don't know of anything out there that would let us do what you'd like.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Ashtray is already listed outside the technical forums... You can restrict a search to the BC-BF Legacy Discussion category.

I don't think it would be a good idea to make the Ashtray unsearchable.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

vrg3 hit the nail on the head, a tech search in the proper category will net only those matches in that realm. It would be extremely unusual to do a forum-wide search looking for something relevant in any of the categories.

Dave
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+