Electrical forum need. Turbo and Intercooling should be join

Let us know what you think about the site and the forums and give us your suggestions on how to make them better.

Moderator: Moderators

Join Turbo and Intercooling, Create Electrical?

Join Turbo and Intercooling, Create Electrical
30%
Join Turbo and Intercooling
10%
Create Electrical
50%
Noted in reply
10%

Total votes: 20

ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Electrical forum need. Turbo and Intercooling should be join

Post by ciper »

I wanted to ask about alternators, dont think it fits in the engine forum well.

Turbo and Intercooling should be joined as a single forum. I argue that you rarely have one without the other, or that you plan to add the other at a later date!
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

I can kinda understand the joining Turbo and Intercooling. But I don't think there is a need for more sections. It's already to the point where you might not know where to look for something now. Electrical could be from all parts of the car: interior, engine bay, trunk, transmission, etc... that would grab all kinds of topics that should be listed somewhere else. Simple is best. If it's attached to the engine, just put it in the Engine section. There will be no way to perfect the topic listings, there will always be weird ones that could fit in a bunch of places. But that's what Misc is for anyways.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
Grant
Second Gear

Post by Grant »

You forgot none of the above :D Actually I think that an Electrical forum would be good but it does fall under a plethora of different categories as well. I think that Turbo and Intercooling should be separate as there is a lot of discussion revolving around both. Though more to do with the intercooling side of things. JMO
Grant Hughes
Denver, CO
http://www.nocoastmotorsports.net
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

I think an electrical forum would be a good thing. I'm not so sure we need to join the intercooling and turbo forums since there's a ton of info on intercooling these cars.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I do think the threads in the Turbo and Intercooling forums differ quite a bit, so there is a benefit to having them separate.

I instinctively like the idea of an electrical forum just because I like that kind of thing. But, it does attract a lot of posts that would seem to fit better elsewhere. The alternator is one thing that doesn't seem to fit in any of our current forums, but most other stuff can fit somewhere else (generally "Body, Chassis, and Interior" or "Engine").

One thing I really like about this BBS is that there is a fairly small amount of traffic (which is especially great since almost all of it is good technical conversation), so I usually just read all new posts every time I sign on.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

put alternator question in engine forum. That's the best fit right now, and there's been previous alternator questions in there.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
-K-
Third Gear

Post by -K- »

The Turbo and IC would do good together, or just a forum for Turbo performance stuff. In the engine forum there is a thread on how much HP we can get out of stock injectors. The only people that really care about that is the turbo members. A place where all of the Turbo specifc stuff could go.
02 WRX Sedan, 5mt
93 Sport Sedan, 5mt
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

Hmmph, next thing you know the turbos will have their own board. I personally get irritated when I read something then realize it has to do with just NA's or Auto trannies, but I try to be accepting of the fact other people have these :D . I know I just added absolutely no input to the matter...

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

At some point you have to draw the line. If we separated every little thing, we'd have four million forums (well not really)

Dave is the one running this site, so he's got final say on what goes and doesn't, but I'm sure if there is enough desire to have an electrical forum or make a change, he would listen to your comments.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

Turbo and Intercooling will remain separate. This just makes sense to me and it's easier to have two forums now than to separate them later.

Electrical has been created. It makes sense because there's a lot that can be relevant in this forum that doesn't have to do with the engine.

Dave
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Cool...

Now where does engine electrical stuff go? Should we consider renaming "Engine" to "Engine Mechanical?"
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

That makes a lot of sense. And is someone going to shuffle some electrical topics into the electrical forum so we don't have a placement nightmare for 8 months or so?

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

use your best judgement. I think it could go either place...depending on the problem/question.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Cool, that makes sense...
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212