Personal strenghts

Let us know what you think about the site and the forums and give us your suggestions on how to make them better.

Moderator: Moderators

magicmike
Fifth Gear

Personal strenghts

Post by magicmike »

Maybe we could have in our signature a rating where we could rate ourselves 1-5 on every section of the index.

For example:
Intake- No clue 0 0 0 X 0 Expert
Turbo - No clue 0 0 0 0 X Expert

But with check buttons of course. That way if we offer advice then everyone else could see where we rate. I have pretty much made a mental note of who knows what they are talking about and who does not but I thought it might be interesting to have more info.

Mike
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Everything - No clue 0 0 0 0 X Expert
:lol:

I dont think it will be acturate, the people who know alot dont think they do. The people who know little feel they are the experts.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I don't think I know that much and I'm pretty sure that's true! :lol:

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
JasonGrahn
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by JasonGrahn »

ciper wrote:Everything - No clue 0 0 0 0 X Expert
:lol:

I dont think it will be acturate, the people who know alot dont think they do. The people who know little feel they are the experts.
searching - No clue 0 0 0 0 X Expert
locking threads - No clue 0 0 0 0 X Expert

hehehe.. just joking. I think this idea prohibits people from contributing. It's nice to see some of the "uninformed" people come up with their ideas, but then again, as the quote says: "Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again"

The uninformed guys say what they think is true, then the informed pipe up and explain why that is wrong. It's part of the learning experience.
-Jason Grahn
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

I guess I can see your point, I am just an information freak. The more I have the better. I just thought that it would be cool to know who knew what so I could justify the responces. Thats all.
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
Grant
Second Gear

Post by Grant »

Do it and maybe others will follow suit. Will create a kinda large signature though. Plus not everyone rates themselves to the same standards. My opinion on my overall knowledge of cars is a 2/5 but someone else might think it's a 1 and someone else might think it's a 3 if they had the same amount of knowledge. I have my own index in my head about who knows what. In fact I recently emailed the person who has a 5 in suspension in my head the other day with some questions.
Grant Hughes
Denver, CO
http://www.nocoastmotorsports.net