Ads by Gooooooogle..

Let us know what you think about the site and the forums and give us your suggestions on how to make them better.

Moderator: Moderators

tris91ricer
Title Whore

Ads by Gooooooogle..

Post by tris91ricer »

So now that we've got this AdSense thing going on, is anyone asking questions about the clicking?
I know we've not gotten straight answers out of Google on how many clicks we need, or should have, in order to make this work for US, so I propose:

Any topic you post in, support it by clicking the links. Just Right Click->Open in New Window. Wait for it, then close it. (or whatever..)

I've been doing this, and I think I've probably been clicking too much, but oh well. I'd rather there be too many clicks on the links, than not enough, and having the whole venture go belly up. :roll: Right?
From what I've seen here, I think all that needs to be done is have the link do its thing and send you to the sponsored page, right?
I just right-click, new window, and then close it after it's done doing the link count routine and starts loading the sponsored page.
Is this right? Is anyone else doing something different/more effective?
Dave, could we also see the reports every so often, just so we can validate all the extra clicking around? Would it be too much trouble?
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

There's some magic formula there, i'm sure. I have a feeling that the number of clicks per the number of page impressions doesn't equal a certain dollar amount. Some ads may be worth more than others, clicks per ip may be restricted, etc...

Because it's only been up for less than three days, i'm still not sure how they relate, but the current results have been good.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

DLC wrote:Because it's only been up for less than three days, i'm still not sure how they relate, but the current results have been good.
Whew! I can sleep at night.
I didn't think of clicks-per-IP.. I guess that would have to be a restriction, huh?
DLC wrote:Some ads may be worth more than others
True. I give precendence to every Ebay Ad I see, and I click it. Of course, any other big names would come after, but I make sure I click thru on the ones 'that matter'.
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[/quote]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Question- How long do you have to be on the website to get credit for the visit? Is it pretty much just let it load and then back right back out or what?
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

I don't know how it works, and i'd be surprised if anyone outside of Google understands what is involved.

What i do is look for genuinely interesting links, go to a few sub pages and see what the site is about. The most interesting links tend to come from Ashtray discussions, no surprise :)

Keep in mind that the ads are based on the content of the page, not the site itself.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

Of Course! I've been getting the HUGE ads for starving children and whatnot, and then later, for sex toys and dvds.. sometimes there's nothing in the text of the page that indicates relevance to those ads, so I doubt that google makes it relevant ALL the time. Something has to slip, right?
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[/quote]
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

The public service announcements show up if Google hasn't indexed the page yet. Once Google's database has some idea what the page is about, we get advertisements.

The sex toys and DVDs are somehow relevant to the discussion they show up on, even if it's through some weird convoluted connection.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

so how much have we made so far?
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

yeah, that's the important part.. what's the scrill-count, d00ds?
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[/quote]
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

what are you guys talking about i have seen no ads or links popping up anywhere.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

they don't pop up if youre using the white/blue format.
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

scottzg wrote:they don't pop up if youre using the white/blue format.
ahhh. that is what i use. i just like the rothmans car soooo much.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

subSilver
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.