Hosting Pic Ourselves?

Let us know what you think about the site and the forums and give us your suggestions on how to make them better.

Moderator: Moderators

LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Hosting Pic Ourselves?

Post by LegacyT »

Is it possible to host pictures ourselves? If not, is it possible to change it so we can upload our pics from the hardrive? Now that I have a digital camera I can share many pics and don't want to have to email the moderators every time I want to post a picture.

Mark,
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

You can host pics yourselves. Yeah that's no problem. You just need to have a web server or something similar to do so.

The picture attachment thing. I'm not sure that is an option with the version of the BBS software Dave is running. Also it creates an overhead with space and bandwidth, once pictures are uploaded and stored onto the server. But he's the one that would be able to tell you for sure.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

If you can get me pics of your car, i can put them on my site and you can just link from there.

My site is on a different system as the bbs, at least for now, and i do not want to tax the bandwidth or storage space of the bbs box, even though most of it is mine. The BW we have is free, and i want to keep from being a problem.

What type of ISP are you using? Most ISPs have 10-100MB of storage space for personal websites as part of your normal package.

Dave
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Post by LegacyT »

Ya, I'll probobly end up doing it that way.

Mark,
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!