Improved profile?

Let us know what you think about the site and the forums and give us your suggestions on how to make them better.

Moderator: Moderators

Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Improved profile?

Post by Mattheww044 »

I thought it would be really cool if we had a another section in our profile. I was thinking a spot for a few of our favorite pics of our cars and such. Just a spot by our "About Me" or whatever where we could imbed a few photos. This would help connect each person to each car. It would also help for people to get ideas on how and what ways to customize their cars. I realize there is a build journal section, but alot of people don't have one, and don't want one. Not a huge deal, I just thought it was a decent idea and would be pretty cool for those who wanted to participate. Thanks for your time admins,
Matt
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I think it's a good idea. However the forum software is a little limited in that respect. The new version of phpBB may have some this kind of functionality, but we're still waiting to upgrade.

An alternative suggestion is to maybe start a Legacy group on one of the networking sites (facebook, myspace, etc).

Maybe Dave will chime in with some additional thoughts.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

Thanks Josh. Yea I realize the site is getting pretty old, I know completely jack **** about building a website and maintaining it so if its a major pain I could see why he wouldn't want to. But I think it would be cool if we had:
1. The "My Legacy" section or something with pics, mods, etc.
2. A "The Driver" or something section including what they do for fun (I realize they is a hobbies section), but more for like auto-x maybe with some pictures and links to youtube videos and such.

And I'm sure other people have more ideas too.

I couldn't ask for a better website to come to more often than my myspace and hotmail, but I just think it would be cool if the "Profile" area was upgraded, and then we can learn more about each other and our cars. Thanks for your time and consideration,
Matt
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

Does Dave have anything to say on this?
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

This forum is still using an old version of phpBB. Until we upgrade, there's no point in adding modifications.

The types of modifications you're suggesting are extensive, but they are something I'll look in to when the upgrade is done.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

OK sounds good, thanks for the consideration. As I said I have no clue about creating and maintaining a website so I just thought I'd throw my idea out there. Thanks again,
Matt
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

Everything must be worked into the framework that is the software. Adding stuff is simply not easy.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+