Recent posts by non-legacy people trying to sell crap

Let us know what you think about the site and the forums and give us your suggestions on how to make them better.

Moderator: Moderators

dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Recent posts by non-legacy people trying to sell crap

Post by dscoobydoo »

Any chance we can implement some rules about the recent phone crap vendors on here?

Something like any selling post has to be on the parts forum, and anyone who has less than X number of posts can't sell anything yet.

I hate these people who just spam-flood the internet.
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe make a 5-post minimum to start a thread. I realize there's the potential for newcomers to go off-topic (as none of us old timers EVER do!) on other threads if they first come here looking for a quick answer (though almost everything's been covered). The spammers may just post their crap into a thread as well, but maybe it will reduce it or, like The Club on a steering wheel dissuading a thief, the inconvenience of the minimum post count will move them onto another site without the requirement. Might be the best bet until someone invents a way to stab spammers in the sack via internet.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

The best I can do right now with this older version of the software is to just delete the user, move the posts, and ban the email address.

When I'm comfortable with the new version, I'll be upgrading. SLi uses it, and it's got a lot of really nice features.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

Or even folks selling VW stuff!!

I like 5 post min to post in parts shed idea.
93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

They're spammers, and they get deleted. We can deal with it until the bbs gets upgraded.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Smithcraft
Second Gear

Post by Smithcraft »

Trying to create controls on bogus accounts that aren't even human is the funniest idea I've heard all week!

As for implementing something where someone can't start a thread until they've posted x times is also a bad idea.

The more ways you try to restrict the criminals of the internet, only ends up restricting legitimate users.

SC
1994 Legacy Mi

2008 Legacy GT SpecB
Lunatech
Second Gear

Post by Lunatech »

^+1 for what SC says. Maybe it could be set up so new members can only post after they use the search function at least once. That wouldn't be so much to require IMHO.
Robert,

Rio Red 1990 L sedan 5MT at least 302000 mi. and Spruce Pearl 1996 Wagon 4EAT 245000 mi.

georryan wrote:
Don't knock him for thinking outside of the box. At least he has been creative.