Post Number in Thread

Let us know what you think about the site and the forums and give us your suggestions on how to make them better.

Moderator: Moderators

originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Post Number in Thread

Post by originalcyn »

Is it possible to enable the post number in each post for a thread? Or, more like, is there a check box to check that doesn't take any effort that enables readers to see the post number of a post in a thread.

I can see that being handy in a tread when someone is like, "i need help with my sun roof and here's why" and then some one else posts see how so and so did it in post #25.
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
2004 Forester 2.5XT Premium | JBP 18L
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Re: Post Number in Thread

Post by BSOD2600 »

It's already there, just subtle...

The Posted: is actually a direct link to each persons response which you can reference.

edit: for example this is the link to my post in this thread.

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Re: Post Number in Thread

Post by originalcyn »

Ah, i see. so it can be directly linked to and the URL gives that information. That's handy, but i guess i was kinda hopping that it would be in the bar where it lists the user's name and the time. but really only if it's super easy to do and not a giant hassle to everyone. It doesn't really matter, i was mostly being lazy. On the color code thread i end up having to count the responses to get a post number, but i guess instead of listing the post number i could create a hypertext link.
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
2004 Forester 2.5XT Premium | JBP 18L