Feeler: 92 Turbo Wagon, 5MT, 16G UPDATED, WITH PICS

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Feeler: 92 Turbo Wagon, 5MT, 16G UPDATED, WITH PICS

Post by LaureltheQueen »

I'm thinking of selling my Legacy, I've hit a bit of a brick wall with performance, and I'm just not willing to put forth the effort or money to jump over it. Without fuel system upgrades the car's more or less maxed out with the amount of power it can make safely and reliably.

The Good: Runs fantastic, not more than 5,000 miles ago the stock automatic transmission was replaced with a 5mt from another sport sedan by PIA. It's been loved and has probably a good $5,000 worth of mods that I'm willing to leave on for the right price. The tires(They're bridgestone REE950's), amazingly still have quite a bit of meat on them too. The sunroof doesnt leak. I've gone with more or less excellent parts as far as the mods go. The paint, with the exception of the tiny rust spots around the roof rails is fantastic, I used to spend a ton of time detailing it.

The Bad: It was hit by a Buick last christmas, and I never got around to paying the deductible. The only real damage is the corner light, fender is bent a little, and the corner of the bumper has a scrape. There are a few door dings, but nothing massive. Theres a couple tiny rust spots under the rails on the roof, I'm sure they could be repaired if the buyer wanted to. The wheels are terrible. Really, really terrible. The guy I bought the car from gave each and every one of them a healthy dose of curb rash, and the paint is flaking off in spots. They could probably look pretty decent if someone was willing to take the time to have the tires removed, strip and paint them. Hana was one of the first subarus with keyless entry, and that caused the door actuator to be a bit of a bitch. A new, hundred dollar actuator will fix this, but it's not been at the top of my priority list as I have an alarm, and with that, keyless entry. You don't get my speakers or deck, I like them too much. No cat, so if you're in a county or state that requires it, you'll have to work that out, I don't have my old exhaust pieces. There's a wierd noise that shows up at about 0psi at very little throttle. It doesn't hurt performance, and goes away rather quickly, just one of those irritating little things I haven't been able to track down. The windshield also could use replacing, though it seals fine and doesn't have any cracks, just lots of really small chips.

183k on the odometer, I think there were 100k on the tranny, I'd have to see if my receipt from the JY had that on it.
I'm running 6ish psi mostly, on the lower setting of the controller, and topping out at 10(just below fuel cut) on the upper level

Here's the shopping list
fwd axles
axxis metalmaster front pads
ebc redstuff ceramic back pads
Bridgestone re950 tires
K&N Air Filter
Diamond Coil Pack
KYB AGX Struts
Whiteline Control Springs
Rear Strut Bar
3.9 5MT
16GTD05
AWIC
Perrin Divorced Wastegate DP
Turbo XS Dual Position Manual Boost Controller
Sneaky Mount autometer sport comp boost gauge
WRX Front seats
STi floormats
PIAA foglights, look blue, but light up yellow. One of the bulbs is burned out.

Things I have that you can have if you buy the car
Vikash fcd. I hasn't been installed yet, but it should work, just needs to be epoxied
Magnaflow 3" straight through muffler(This will cost you an extra hundred bucks)
various interior pieces, a spare cupholder, spare 1 DIN pocket, etc

I'm keeping my deck and front speakers and probably alarm because I like them too much, so there's a spot for a 1 DIN deck with the 1.5 DIN pocket face that has the boost gauge in it, otherwise you'll have to rerun the tube for the boost gauge and put a stock radio in.

Oh shoot, I also forgot to mention that I removed all the ac lines, and the compressor. It didn't work anyway, but everything could probably be put back in if your heart so desires. The plan was to eventually run coolant through the condenser for the awic, I didn't get around to it, but I still have all the lines and brackets.

I love this car dearly, but I just won't be able to go where I want to with it. She's been amazing, and nothing but reliable for me. I just recently made the switch to fully synthetic mobil one, and after 3000 miles, she still hasn't begun leaking any more than usual(very little). I'm just a little burned out on the car and don't have the energy to keep loving it as much as it deserves.

Anyway, I'm not even sure I'm selling it, but I'm curious what kind of interest there would be in it.

You also get the flag! That's Hana on it. :)

She's fairly capable in the right hands as an autocross car. It's beaten no less than two 2004 WRX's with heavy suspension modifications and super high performance summer tires around the autocross circuit. With an automatic, stock size, all season tires, and stock sway bars.
Last edited by LaureltheQueen on Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

This topic remains, in case the pending sale falls through.

Take your drama to the Ashtray and stop harassing people in their FS posts. If you can't follow the rules, leave.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+