WTB: Rear Power Antenna

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
abracc
First Gear

WTB: Rear Power Antenna

Post by abracc »

Anyone has access to a rear power antenna for my '93 wagon? Thanks!
'07 Acura TL-S
'93 Leagcy Wagon Turbo AWD
starkiller
First Gear

Post by starkiller »

i've got one but i havent tested it out :(
"come to the darkside, we have cookies"

"the avalanche has started, it's too late for the pebbles to vote"...J.m.s.
abracc
First Gear

Post by abracc »

Let me know if you get around to testing it. Mine runs but there is no mast.... And I don't know if you can just put a new mast in or if it is a one piece deal.
'07 Acura TL-S
rockethound
First Gear

Post by rockethound »

try these folks, $50 for a replacement mast

http://www.mileaautogroup.com/ :-D
'92 Legacy SS ej20g mugged, desnorked, TD04, , MBC, CAI,v2 i/c, JDM STi v2 close ratio 5sp w/4.11's, short shifted.
Straydog59
Second Gear

Power Antenna

Post by Straydog59 »

I have a 1991 Sedan Power Antenna and a 1995 Wagon Power Antenna
abracc
First Gear

Re: Power Antenna

Post by abracc »

Straydog59 wrote:I have a 1991 Sedan Power Antenna and a 1995 Wagon Power Antenna
Does anyone know if either of these would fit in a 93 wagon?
'07 Acura TL-S
rockethound
First Gear

Post by rockethound »

I just checked the dealer, new mast is $60 sedan and wagon are different. there's a part number break before and after sept. 90. later number is good through MY94 so I don't know if the '95 wagon will fit. It may be that the only difference between them is the bezel but I say for sure. If the motor works, the mast is cheaper than the $200+ price on the whole unit, of course if you can find a used one in good working condition for cheap, grab it. I haven't had any luck finding one.
'92 Legacy SS ej20g mugged, desnorked, TD04, , MBC, CAI,v2 i/c, JDM STi v2 close ratio 5sp w/4.11's, short shifted.
abracc
First Gear

Post by abracc »

Yeah...I can hear the motor running when you turn the radio on and off, etc. The mast is just not there. I did not know that you could just put the mast in? I thought it was a one piece unit?
'07 Acura TL-S
Bheinen74
Fourth Gear

Post by Bheinen74 »

on the sedan antenna style, you can replace the mast easily, with a new mast from subie. The catch part of the teeth will lock in without the dissassembly on the sedan style.......

NOW....
on the wagon style, the mast replacement involves completely dissasssembling the motor winding mechanism, and i mean completely, to lock the cathc part in place. i have a write up about this.

The masts are different, one has a smooth non tooth side plus a single tooth side on the plastic up down portion of the mast, and the other has teeth on both sides of the mast. basically,one uses a locking ball at the end to keep it in, the other has no stop locking ball. can't remember which style, (sedan, wagon is which) too much guiness and fosters.
91 Legacy Sport Sedan 4eat
91crx si 165k
91 Civic RT4WD manual trans 168k
91crx Si 40.5k
85 BRAT Gl 140
97 SVX 74k
abracc
First Gear

Post by abracc »

That sounds like too much of a PITA. Does anyone know if their are any aftermarket antennas that will go in that spot? Something like a whip antenna if I can't find a replacement?
'07 Acura TL-S