Car Lot

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Car Lot

Post by DLC »

It's been requested over the years that a dedicated forum for whole car sales be added in order to clear up some of the confusion in Parts Shed.

It's time, so please shop for and post your ads for cars, from a bare chassis to full-blown rally car, in Car Lot:

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
yazmo
Third Gear

Re: Car Lot

Post by yazmo »

hi i just want to add something location of the car should be obligated in the subject of any new post.

i leave in Montreal and i have to broswe all the post just to find out that they are a way to fast to buy those car.
sqc151
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by sqc151 »

i was going to post this yesterday... i agree. alot of people dont put there location here when buying/selling stuff.

maybe have it as an option when making a new thread so people dont forget to type it in the headline.

and threads should be started like this to avoid confusion.

State car is located
Year
Make
Model
5MT or Auto
Mileage
VIN

im a moderator on another forum and this works well. it actually helps sell the car/parts faster.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Very true. Lots of time is wasted searching forums for stuff for sale when the majority of your time is spent dicking around trying to find out where the seller is located and exactly they they are trying to sell. I don't get it. Why do people bother posting something for sale and not provide this crucial information? I always assume they're idiots or not motivated to sell and it discourages me from buying from them.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Post by originalcyn »

Would car lot be for sale of any motorized, complete vehicle? Say a motorcycle or a boat? Or would listings for those be handled through parts shed?
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
2004 Forester 2.5XT Premium | JBP 18L
sqc151
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by sqc151 »

any COMPLETE running vehicle is probly best in the car lot.
ride_child
Third Gear

Post by ride_child »

hahahaha assuming people are idiots always helps me through these things. also when you search for these things maybe have the results come up in order of when they were posted, then relevancy. i always search for parts and find what i need, then click on the thread and it was from 10 years ago.
Kris

'91 Mica White SS - R.I.P.
'88 White RX Turbo sedan - SOLD
'91 Black SS - SOLD
'93 Silver Turbo Wagon - Hibernation/Project Mode
'91 Black Camry Alltrac - R.I.P.
'09 DGM Forester XT Limited - Daily
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

The topics/posts should be in chronilogical order so you can see when they were posted.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Daarkangyyll
In Neutral

Post by Daarkangyyll »

I just sold a car and I would like to know the preferred procedure for closing out my ad.
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Ill delete it
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

I'll be doing some more cleanups in the marketplace. Threads that still have pictures and that are deamed worthy of keeping will stay. For example hard to find parts or nicely setup cars will be kept.

If you post for sale make sure to include in your thread title

FS/FT/WTB,Location(state,AL,FL), Year, Make, Model, Trim

The initail post shall include, the specifics of what is being sold, traded, WTB. No gauging interest. If you want to create a GI, just make a FS thread. If you decide to keep the car, I'll delete the thread.
Also the price WILL be included. If you are unsure just put a higher number and put obo. You can edit if needed.

Once the car is sold or found, please make an update reflecting this. You can also edit your first post and edit the title to reflect this. This site is the only one I know that has this ability.

Included in the post shall be at least one photo that can be viewed without having to click to a link.

The same goes for parts. Title of thread will show FS/FT/WTB, location, part

Atleast one photo shall be included with the first post, as well as the specifics and price.

Once the item is sold or found please make an update to reflect the same.

Craigslist/eBay-
Just post what you want and I'll delete once the original link has closed.

It may seem like we are asking alot but why leave something opened. If you want it sold, sell it. Don't make someone have to ask every little detail just to waste your and their time.

I will be monitoring these and if there are no current updates I will delete if necessary. I do take member activity into account so it pays to be active! Thanks in advance.

Enjoy the future, remember the past and Long Live the Legacy!!!!
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost