WTB: Steering Wheel

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
bob_is_your_uncle
In Neutral

WTB: Steering Wheel

Post by bob_is_your_uncle »

I am trying to get my 91 legacy wagon back on the road and as I was driving it around I was reminded of the condition of the steering wheel. It was once leather wrapped, it is about 50% leather now. I can't stand covers so I turn to you guys for help.

1991 Legacy
Steering wheel
Tan or black
Cruise control
Indifferent on material (leather or plasticy stuff)

Thank you for your time
MConte05
Second Gear

Re: WTB: Steering Wheel

Post by MConte05 »

I have a steering wheel core, and I think the cruise control stalk laying around somewhere. I'll take a look when I get home today to see the condition. It was used on my rally car before I got a sparco one to replace it. :)
Omega79
Second Gear

Post by Omega79 »

If not I have a gray one from a 92 SS. Which is the same as the regular wheel unfortunately.
lucas wrote:There were multiple Legacys with 300k+ miles. Jesus will return on a Turbo Lego.
bob_is_your_uncle
In Neutral

MConte05 wrote:I have a steering wheel core, and I think the cruise control stalk laying around somewhere. I'll take a look when I get home today to see the condition. It was used on my rally car before I got a sparco one to replace it. :)
Let me know what you find. I should be able to reuse the cruise control controls off of mine, right?
MConte05
Second Gear

Post by MConte05 »

Actually.... I think this thing came off an 02-03 WRX? What does the steering wheel you are looking for look like? I bought this car already rally prepared, so not sure what the original wheel looked like.
bob_is_your_uncle
In Neutral

MConte05 wrote:Actually.... I think this thing came off an 02-03 WRX? What does the steering wheel you are looking for look like? I bought this car already rally prepared, so not sure what the original wheel looked like.
Should look like this.

MConte05
Second Gear

Post by MConte05 »

Yea, definitely doesn't look like that. :)

Sorry!
Omega79
Second Gear

Post by Omega79 »

I have that one, and the controls and horn, but I don't think it's leather wrapped? I'll check if you like.
lucas wrote:There were multiple Legacys with 300k+ miles. Jesus will return on a Turbo Lego.
bob_is_your_uncle
In Neutral

Omega79 wrote:I have that one, and the controls and horn, but I don't think it's leather wrapped? I'll check if you like.
If it is tan or black I would be interested. I don't care if it is leather. Just as long as parts of it don't come off in my hand. Thanks
Omega79
Second Gear

Post by Omega79 »

I'll look, I don't think it is either, I think it's gray just like the one in the picture... It is whole however lol
bob_is_your_uncle
In Neutral

Well I won't be getting one of those in black, since they only made them in tan, blue and grey.
Omega79
Second Gear

Post by Omega79 »

Sorry I haven't had a chance to look, have a big low-volt install that started ahead of schedule and I've been putting in 12+ hour days. I'll take a look today or tomorrow. I have vinyl dye, I can dye it black for you if you like. I can send you pics of stuff I've done...
bob_is_your_uncle
In Neutral

Omega79 wrote:Sorry I haven't had a chance to look, have a big low-volt install that started ahead of schedule and I've been putting in 12+ hour days. I'll take a look today or tomorrow. I have vinyl dye, I can dye it black for you if you like. I can send you pics of stuff I've done...
Take your time. It is not a pressing matter.

Anybody else have one out there?
Damon
Second Gear

Post by Damon »

I have one. Not sure if it's in great shape but I'm local.
bob_is_your_uncle
In Neutral

Damon wrote:I have one. Not sure if it's in great shape but I'm local.
You are local, I am down in the Bridgeport/Grafton area. If you wouldn't mind, please find out the condition and color for me. Thanks
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Post by wtdash »

I have a blue one from a '90. No air bag. Non-leather. CC switch included. Not new but not trashed.

I may also have a newer style-'96-98...need to get my 'fall parts sale' started this week so will dig it out.

Cost of shipping to you should be $15 or so, USPS.

TD
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
Damon
Second Gear

Post by Damon »

bob_is_your_uncle wrote:
Damon wrote:I have one. Not sure if it's in great shape but I'm local.
You are local, I am down in the Bridgeport/Grafton area. If you wouldn't mind, please find out the condition and color for me. Thanks
The one I have is in pretty decent shape. How bout $20 picked up. I can text you a pic before you come down if you want.-Thanks
Omega79
Second Gear

Post by Omega79 »

Finally got to look at mine, it is in fact leather, but it's starting to flake a little. Sorry man.
bob_is_your_uncle
In Neutral

Omega79 wrote:Finally got to look at mine, it is in fact leather, but it's starting to flake a little. Sorry man.
Thanks for looking.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

that is the UGLIEST steering wheel ever!! upgrade to something newer like that WRX one. I have an 05ish Legacy GT steering wheel, horn, and cruise still work
bob_is_your_uncle
In Neutral

Mattheww044 wrote:that is the UGLIEST steering wheel ever!! upgrade to something newer like that WRX one. I have an 05ish Legacy GT steering wheel, horn, and cruise still work
I appreciate your point of view, but I disagree with it. The steering wheel matches the rest of the interior and in my mind there is no need for me spend the extra money on newer steering wheel for my winter beater. I have seen that it is possible to upgrade to a newer style one, and I have seen that multiple people do it. Therefore, I thought I could pick up one that someone has taken off, for a newer one, on the cheap. But if you or someone else wants to sell me a newer one for the same price range($20, see previous posts), I would gladly accept.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

sorry didn't mean to offend you or anything. I just hate that stocker. That was one of the first things I got rid of, I threw my stock one away or I'd give it to you for shipping. No junk yards in your area?
Omega79
Second Gear

Post by Omega79 »

Speaking of junk yards, I'm going to be hitting up a few in a major metro next week, if I see one I'll grab it for you.
bob_is_your_uncle
In Neutral

Mattheww044 wrote:sorry didn't mean to offend you or anything. I just hate that stocker. That was one of the first things I got rid of, I threw my stock one away or I'd give it to you for shipping. No junk yards in your area?
No you didn't offend me. I as annoyed by my job and somewhat took it out toward you.

There are some junk yards but they have tend to only have parts for newer vehicles. There are a couple U-Pull-it yards about an hour and a half away but I haven't made it up to them yet.
Omega79 wrote:Speaking of junk yards, I'm going to be hitting up a few in a major metro next week, if I see one I'll grab it for you.
That would be greatly appreciated.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

if you don't end up finding one, let me know and I will get you one next time I'm at the junk yard for price+shipping