Snohomish Wa - WTB: Robtune 550 (22t dohc) eprom only

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
nortonjefferson
First Gear

Snohomish Wa - WTB: Robtune 550 (22t dohc) eprom only

Post by nortonjefferson »

As the title states i am in search of a robtune 550 eprom (preferrably optimized for the 22t dohc setup, also known as the +7 tune(?)). Located in Western Washington, local pickup would be awesome but shipping isnt an issue either! Let me know what you guys have thanks!

PS. my 20g ecu from what i can tell DOES NOT have a chip or eprom socket, can anyone point me in the right direction in terms of finding the correct part(s) to install a socket?
White 1993 L Wagon AWD 5MT-FXT lift, 27” MTs 380xxx miles
White 1991 L sedan AWD 5MT-(Robtune 550 DOHC Ej22t swap coming together) 187xxx miles
Black 2005 LGT 5MT-Ej20x swapped daily, VF40/elh
mike-tracy

Re: WTB: Robtune 550 (22t dohc) eprom only

Post by mike-tracy »

Rob installs the socket when you buy the chip from him ;). If you got that ECU from me, it has a socket already iirc. If not, you can get the socket from Fry's electronics for a couple bucks.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
nortonjefferson
First Gear

mike-tracy wrote:Rob installs the socket when you buy the chip from him ;). If you got that ECU from me, it has a socket already iirc. If not, you can get the socket from Fry's electronics for a couple bucks.
It sure is the ecu i got from you! I thought I read in your original post when you first aquired the two ecus that this one didnt have the socket. I might be trippin though. In regards to Rob, last time I talked to him was before christmas of 2015 and I havent heard back since lol. Hopefully something comes up! I know i can just run the barebones 20g ecu with the 440's but im really hesitant because i know ill end up wanting more and i have everything needed for the 550 tune :roll: :lol:
White 1991 L sedan AWD 5MT-(Robtune 550 DOHC Ej22t swap coming together) 187xxx miles
nortonjefferson
First Gear

Bump, heard back from Rob after i emailed him after creating this thread. He is currently out of EPROMS and so is his supplier. This being said, according to rob he *might* have some eproms coming in around late April-ish but this is still up in the air. Long story short im still on the hunt!