Providence, RI. FS: Gold RS wheels/tires, 16x7

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
Lavs_211
In Neutral

Providence, RI. FS: Gold RS wheels/tires, 16x7

Post by Lavs_211 »

WHEELS HAVE SOLD. THANKS FOR THE INTEREST.

In my efforts to find wheels for my endlessly frustrating 1988 Subaru XT6 project, I acquired a set of 2001 Impreza RS wheels for the purpose of repainting and installation. Even bought tires for them.

Well, despite the added width over stock, the increased offset makes these things look ridiculous on my XT6. I thought the offset was reasonable but it pulls the wheels way too close to the already narrow body. As a result, these are: never used. Painted by my body shop a very expensive gold metalflake that looks incredible in the sunlight and like the factory Goldies when in low-light situations (IMO). W/ centercaps.

Tires are n-e-w Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval. 205/45/16 ordered from Tirerack. I'd prefer not to separate as I'm already taking a bath on the tires. You can feel free to have them dismounted and re-sell.

Asking $550 OBRO.

Thanks,

Jeff
Last edited by Lavs_211 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pntaste4evr99
Winestone Cowboy

Re: FS: Gold metalflake Impreza RS wheels + tires, 16x7

Post by Pntaste4evr99 »

I think they look badass! Throw some spacers on
94 Winestone SS 5MT Rob 550 20g. (Pickle)
Original WA car with 460k miles and climbing
Lavs_211
In Neutral

Post by Lavs_211 »

I'm not denying they look badass - cause they do - but my other issue is I think they look too new for the XT.

Currently I'm trying to track down something akin to a turbofan or other smooth-face wheel, as I think that would fit the era from which the XT was born.

Thanks for the kind words.
Pntaste4evr99
Winestone Cowboy

Post by Pntaste4evr99 »

I understand, but I personally like the way the RS looks on the older body, kinda modern, or a little "updated"....just my 2 cents. Is that a house of color metallic flake?
Pntaste4evr99
Winestone Cowboy

Post by Pntaste4evr99 »

Sorry, I know this is a for sale thread, just digging the way they look.
Lavs_211
In Neutral

Post by Lavs_211 »

Thanks for the comments. Pntaste4evr99, yes, I believe it is HOC-brand paint. I know it was pricier than anything else on the menu, haha.