Bay Area, CA, Looking for RS JDM Front Bumper!

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
williamfrear831
In Neutral

Bay Area, CA, Looking for RS JDM Front Bumper!

Post by williamfrear831 »

Hey guys, so I have a white 92 Legacy l sedan (non turbo :/ ) I'm looking for a new jdm front bumper either off the ss or the rs. I have the na bumper and I'm looking for a bumper with fog lights that will for sure fit a 92 sedan. I believe it's post face and I really want a rs bumper (the more square fog lights then round!) and I think the rs is preface. Not really sure but if anyone has a spare ss or rs bumper or know anyone that does lmk asap! ,I also need to make sure the bumper will fit for sure so please help anyone! Thanks yall, William
williamfrear831
In Neutral

Re: Looking for RS JDM Front Bumper!

IF ANYONE HAS SPARE SS OR RS BUMPER WILLING TO SELL, please let me know!!
-William
williamfrear831
In Neutral

Someone help me find one!!! I need to make my Legacy L better looking asap !!
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

How much are you looking to spend. I'd be shocked if you could get a JDM bumper for under a grand. A couple hundred is realistic for a US turbo bumper. Shipping domestically is gonna be over a hundred, depending how far it's going.

I noticed there are a couple bumpers available on car-part.com, though you'll want to call to verify they are in fact turbos and not mislabeled.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
williamfrear831
In Neutral

mike-tracy wrote:How much are you looking to spend. I'd be shocked if you could get a JDM bumper for under a grand. A couple hundred is realistic for a US turbo bumper. Shipping domestically is gonna be over a hundred, depending how far it's going.

I noticed there are a couple bumpers available on car-part.com, though you'll want to call to verify they are in fact turbos and not mislabeled.
Cool thanks a lot man! Under a grand?!? Damn that's expensive I was looking around hopefully no more then 3-400$ I guess the ss bumper is more realistic to get my hands on even though the rs one is the one I have wanted forever!! Thanks again
-William
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Unfortunately thats why I am not an RS bumper owner either. :(
williamfrear831
In Neutral

mike-tracy wrote:Unfortunately thats why I am not an RS bumper owner either. :(
So how realistic is it to get my hands on either of those bumpers just not the na bumper, will they bolt up you think?
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

I have a 1992 SS that I did a 1991 SS front end swap on (sorry, the 1992 bumper is long sold!). Originally I had just the turbo bumper skin with an N/A bumper beam. About half of it bolts up. If you're handy with fabbing brackets then you can use your N/A beam with a turbo bumper skin. But... you loose access to your front tow hooks. I ended up driving down to Oregon to grab a complete-with-beam bumper, and all is good again.

If you get a 1992-1994 SS or TW bumper, complete with beam, then it's a bolt on affair. Same story with the JDM/rest of world stuff, so long as it's a complete post-facelift setup with beam.

The SS/TW bumpers aren't super common, (about 8300 of the 350,000 1st gen legacys were turbo), but they do pop up now and again. Regarding the RS bumpers, I've only seen them as a half cut on ebay. Never just the bumper. I've heard of those bumpers changing hands for the amount I mentioned on this board, but that's been a few years. If you really want the RS bumper, I'd say get the US turbo model and have an alert on EBAY and the local craigslists (and bumping this thread, but it's been like 8 years since I remember one changing hands on here)
Subiekid94
In Neutral

Post by Subiekid94 »

I've been looking for a post turbo bumper for awhile, I just made do with what I have and retro fitted a MK3 jetta lip onto my na and personally I think it looks pretty good and at least where I am located they are pretty cheap. (I got mine at a junkyard for maybe 5$)
williamfrear831
In Neutral

Damn thanks a lot, who would have known it's so hard to get a good bumper for this chassis! Dang thanks though, I guess Ima have to find a part out or something for sure.