(ON, CA) 94 Subaru Legacy EJ22 4EAT

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
bnevets27
In Neutral

(ON, CA) 94 Subaru Legacy EJ22 4EAT

Post by bnevets27 »

I'm not sure what to do with this car. My uncle owned it since new and then gave it to me when it had rusted out and was worth just about nothing. Rebuilt parts of the body, got the mechanical side of things fixed up as well and it served me well for almost a decade. The engine never once gave me any trouble in the time I owned it. Only things that needed replacement in the last about year and a half was a rad and a fuel pump. Unfortunately the body rusted out again. It was hard to remove all the rust the first time but also hard to keep the rust away.

It never let me down in any major way. I had to replace it though as the rust just got too bad. This was my first subaru even though I had always been interested in them as a kid. I enjoyed it so much I replaced it with an 09 Legacy 3.0R.

Now enough with the stories. Like I said the body is rusted bad. The engine has been rock solid. Regular oil changes on synthetic. It leaks a little bit of oil but doesn't burn oil. It does have new springs in the rear (replaced them a couple months before parking the car as one broke). Rad is about a year old and the alternator is a couple years old. I have all receipts since new.

Unfortunately I highly doubt anyone is going to want to buy the entire car due to the rust. I don't really want to send it to the scrap yard as like all of you I do have an affinity for these cars and don't want to see it crushed if at least it can be used to keep other legacys that are in better shape going, that would make me feel better.

I know the EJ22 is a great engine, not sure if its still useful for swaps or projects. It's definitely bulletproof. Seen some people use the heads for different builds. The interior is in really good shape.

Of course I would also like to get a bit more money out of it then what the scrap yard would give me. I'm not sure what if any parts are desirable off of it. I doubt there are any on there road around here. I've never seen one. They likely all rusted out and went to scrap yards. Car is located in Ontario, Canada.