possible importing business

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
crawlerdan
Vendor
Vendor

possible importing business

Post by crawlerdan »

hey all. some of you long time members know me and how i do business, some don't. but that's ok

Ive been in the automotive industry for 21 years now as a tech/builder/enthusiast
seems like in Australia they have access to parts for our vehicles that simply never made it to the states in large volumes.
i have an investor, and a long time friend that lives in Queensland Australia. he and I are proposing a business

were going to start filling shipping containers with desirable parts for Subaru, Toyota , Nissan, etc

we are in the research stage of this endeavor, which is where y'all come in

what parts exist in that environment that do not exist here that you would like to buy
be as specific as possible, as my investor isn't as knowledgeable as i or you may be

hopefully this time next year we will be fulfilling orders
mike-tracy

Re: possible importing business

Post by mike-tracy »

I say this with love, but we maybe get 1-2 posts a week on the BBS. I'm feeling that most enthusiasts are on Facebook and that's where you should be marketing imported parts (and posting the link here of course!)

I am personally looking for a 3rd gen legacy scooped hood (Rev C, not revision D, won't work) in aluminum. The dealer has steel scooped hoods, so that's my fallback.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
crawlerdan
Vendor
Vendor

Post by crawlerdan »

ive noticed a decline for sure, and will likely have an employee do a Facebook ad at some point
nosyt
Second Gear

Post by nosyt »

the main thing since you are getting a container would be the items that are too fragile/large to be cost effective to ship on their own like side skirts, front and rear lips, seats, hoods that sort of stuff
I know personally id be interested in oem side skirts and a oem/or replica legacy sti front lip for the g1s2 legacy
carfreak85
First Gear

Post by carfreak85 »

I replied to your same post on the USMB.
1975 Superstar Wagon
1984 GL-10 Turbo-Traction Wagon & Hardtop
1987 & '87.5 RX coupes
1987 RX Type-RA
2002 WRX sedan
2019 Outback 2.5i Limited
Omega79
Second Gear

Post by Omega79 »

Uhhhh... yeah, I would be interested in stuff. Additionally I work for a Toyota truck performance company, if you're getting very serious about this we may need to have a chat. We might be interested in getting our hands on some "Hilux" stuff...

-Nick
lucas wrote:There were multiple Legacys with 300k+ miles. Jesus will return on a Turbo Lego.
LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Post by LegacyT »

Has this idea moved forward at all? I’m interested in some overseas parts as well
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!
crawlerdan
Vendor
Vendor

Post by crawlerdan »

My business partner just bought a home in Queensland and is getting settled. I’ll keep everyone posted
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Sweet!
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm