CVaxles.com (update)

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

CVaxles.com (update)

Post by entirelyturbo »

Well, I put my axles in today from www.cvaxles.com. I can't say I enjoyed installing them, but I am very very happy with the axles themselves.

They are located in a tiny shop in a business center in Ocala, FL. Rather hard to find. Since I live in Orlando, I thought I would take the 1 1/2 hour drive up there, since I've heard so much about these axles.

Kevin gave me a set of 2WD axles, he told me that the Legacy 2WD's got beefier axles up front than the 4WD's, so that really impressed me. He said these are built tought enough to rally race with, so my daily-driver excursions will be no problem. They have a lifetime warranty, as long as boot doesn't get cut, of course. He also said he gets orders from Europe where people rally race BC-BF's, which told me this guy must build some of the best axles in the world!

And get this: He didn't give me a core charge, he trusted that I would bring the cores back to him. So, being the honest person that I am, I will ship the cores to him tomorrow, since I don't have time now to drive back up there.

A very good experience, and I think anyone that needs an axle should pony up about $55 per axle. A very satisfied customer!
Last edited by entirelyturbo on Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

$55 an axle?? That is good. I had on my 87 GL-10 I changed three out of hte four axles in the time that it was my daily driver and each cost me 80 bucks after I recieved my core charge back.

I don't know what the price for my legacy would be, but that was the best price I could find around town. And that was in Sacramento, CA, a big enough town that you can find a good deal if you look around enough.

-Ryan
91 Pearl White Sport Sedan
04 Java Black Pearl Forester XT
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

87 Grey GL-10 Sedan (so long old buddy) - donated
97 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - sold
2002 BMW r1150rt-p - sold
2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

The only issue I can see possibly is that the FWD axles may be different length or different spline count......but it's probably a pretty small chance.

But yeah...the FWD axles are definitely beefier :)
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
ej22t
Second Gear

Post by ej22t »

Do you know how much is a set for the 4wd turbo just front axle?
I am interesting on it!

Ben
92 Legacy turbo with EJ20G engine swap \(^0^)/
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

All axles are the same place.

I too love CVAxles. Already placed three purchases!

edit: Should read "All axles are the same PRICE"
Last edited by ciper on Tue May 20, 2003 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

I too ordered new axles from them. They're pretty nice although they don't come with new axle nuts or spring pins. I just reused the parts, no big deal. The axles went in fine, for the most part, and seem to be rebuilt well. The only downside is that you have to pay for return shipping for the cores, which in my case was ~$40.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Axle leaking grease...

Post by entirelyturbo »

Well, unfortunately, my driver's axle started leaking grease from the outer boot around the strap. But I am truly grateful for their top-of-the line customer service. A simple 5 minute phone call and I have a new axle coming my way soon without question.

It sucks that their product failed, but it is very cool that they are so willing to rectify the situation immediately.

These people really are the best people I've ever dealt with in car parts!!!

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Just a little story

This is a story of my dealings with the body shop that did the past work on my car. They are great people, they stand behind their work when they f' up........however the amount of f' ups and little stuff gone wrong is beyond the point of me taking it back to them.

I took it back to them previous times because they were fixing their previous screw-ups as well as the new shit that had gone wrong.

Now that the car is fixed (for the most part) it probably won't be going back there......

It takes more then just good service, if the parts/craftsmanship is not on par then they only have one part of the picture.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

subyluvr2212: Leaking greese, from under the strap? Or a rip?
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Leaking out of the outer boot around the edge where the strap holds it on... The boot is not cut anywhere.

I got the new axle the next day, guess it's good I live so close. Hopefully I'll have time to swap it tomorrow, and then be done with it...

Josh, I hear you loud and clear. I usually try to give people second chances, this might be 1 in 1000 axles that have been sent back to them. But when someone like the body shop I took my car to or the shadetree that did my clutch screw things up as bad as they did, yeah, I quickly sever my dealings with them for good...

*Formerly DerFahrer*