Michelin Symmetry tires from Discount Tire Co.

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Michelin Symmetry tires from Discount Tire Co.

Post by entirelyturbo »

I put new Michelin Symmetry tires on my car, size 185/70-14 (the regular factory size), about a month ago. But not until tonight did I really feel like wringing them out and seeing what they were made of.

Discount Tire Company put them on, and did a simply award-winning job. Their staff were friendly and knowledgeable, they had my car on the lift as soon as I paid for them, and the new tires were on the car in 15 minutes. It helped that I was friends with the installer though ;) ... They are a nationwide chain and probably have a store near most of you.

They replaced General XP2000's that I had put on the first day I got the car. The Generals were about $200 for the set. These Michelins were a cool $400!

But allow me to say that they are worth every penny. They were a huge improvement over the Generals in every way. I immediately noticed a dramatically improved ride quality, a much quieter ride, and outstanding wet-weather traction.

Tonight, I was feeling frisky, and really took some corners with them. It has been raining buckets every day for two weeks here in Central Florida, so all the roads I drove on were somewhat wet. Not slick wet, but the rain had only stopped a few hours before. That was no matter, though. My car held on for dear life without so much as a peep from the Michelins.

This experience has convinced me to never skimp on tires again. I did spend a lot of money for tires, especially on a 12-year-old car. But it was definitely worth it.

I agree with the little sleeve in the Gran Turismo game: the tires are the most important part of the car. No component on your car is of any use if the tires aren't capable of taking advantage of them.

Michelin has earned themselves a new lifelong customer!
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok