Kastle's korner and polyurethane steering rack bushings

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Kastle's korner and polyurethane steering rack bushings

Post by scottzg »

Summary: both are excellent

I ordered some Superpro steering rack bushings on monday. I recieved them on wednesday. They had 4 update emails. Very very good.

The rack bushings killed the floaty spot in the middle of the wheel, making small line adjustments much easier. The feel is a little firmer, and much more connected. I will put PU bushings on any future car i own, they made quite a remarkable difference. I had already shimmed my stock bushings with bike tubes (ghetto, i know, but quite effective) and these boogers were still a remarkable improvement. No change in NVH. Everyone should get a set, not just us boy-racers.

Install should have been 20 minutes, but it took me 2 hours because i had stripped a bolt last time my rack was off and the repair bolt was jammed. I had read that the drivers side bushing was tough to get on, and since i had limited space (stripped bolt problems) I cut it in half and put each half on separately. Didn't seem to matter once the rack mounts were tightened up, but it suuuuure made it easy to install.

Bushings cost me 25$ shipped.
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

I just bought some because of your helpful review.

And they shipped them the next day (Saturday)

And they got here today (Monday)
peter@functionauto.com
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

while they did make an improvement for me, I would NOT get them unless I was changing the rack or they were absolutely necessary. 3 of the bolts for the brackets on mine broke off in the crossmember. nothing like getting showered with metal shavings lying on your back under the car and tapping to a bigger bolt size. the subaru crossmember is made so water can get in and sit on top pf the bolts, rusting them in place. ugh. so beware before you go and break your bolts off trying to change the bushings. :evil:
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
Subaru_Nation555
Third Gear

Post by Subaru_Nation555 »

My car's at the shop getting an aligment and some other stuff so I figured I'd pick up a pair and have them put on. I'm hoping the bushings will give the steering a little more life.
0perose
Third Gear

Post by 0perose »

I put whiteline flat out poly bushings for an 01 wrx on my xt6... the car isn't driveable, so I can't test them yet, but it only took me about 45 minutes to put them in (with the car on blocks already) and it shouldn't have taken that long but my dad and brother were there bullshitting with me
yo mang, can I get a rootshell?

1991 N/A, 4eat, crazy lights, junk suspension, sticker wagon
1989 xt6 work in progress