mmauto.com auto parts supplier.

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

scuzzy
Third Gear

mmauto.com auto parts supplier.

Post by scuzzy »

I visited mmauto.com (referred by car-part.com) interested in the EJ22T engine in the 91 subaru legacy SS they had for sale; sure it was the cheapest engine ($450.84) but it also had "NO START NOTES" in the stock number list.

Called them up, really speedy service; spoke with a lady named 'Dee'; got a quote on shipping, $650 total estimated; that was quoted at 550lbs shipping weight.

Turbocharger, intake/exhaust manifolds, everything included except accessories and starter; told me it was listed as 'no start' because the engine came in a car that had no transmission, so it was un-testable.

81 thousand miles.

Called back Monday, asked her to pull the engine off the shelf, give me an exact weight, I was going to buy and just needed an exact figure. Took a full day for the engine to get pulled, verify everything still there, and crate it up; leaves on freight truck.

Called back today, total weight is 402 pounds, shipping comes to $175 for an estimated $625.84

So far so good, I'm pleased with the service, there's been no wait time on the phone, final orders are done by fax (instead of reading a CC number of the phone) or by email; and then the order ships.

So I've sent in my final order, waiting for confirmation, will ship and such in the morning.

I'll update as I recieve the crated engine.

Oh, 101 day parts warranty.

They've got a massive inventory, so all of the old stock is going cheap.

Highly reccomended for customer service.
scuzzy
Third Gear

Post by scuzzy »

Oh I never did update this did I.

Hah.

Anyway. m&m crated the engine up and shipped it through R&L Carriers, who made a house delivery for me (18 wheeler) the shipping wasn't so great, and by that I mean R&L took longer than expected to ship (left it on a dock in memphis) and also had a problem with a delivery having to unload the truck by hand before me, so it came later in the day than I wanted it to.

The engine came in absolutely great condition. Every port was plugged/capped off, all the sensors were in good working order, no wire cuts. dents, or dings in the oil pan, everything was there and as expected. I was highly pleased.

The only problem I ran into with it went back to when I was talking to the CS about the engine, they had "no start notes" and mentioned that since the vehicle came without a transmission it also had no starter, and they couldn't start it to fire it up.

well the previous owner of the car did something, I'm not sure why, but I found a steel plug hammered into the back of the center of the crankshaft - there's a hole there so that the snub of the input shaft can ride nicely in the pilot bearing and not bump into anything.

I had to drill it out. It's been about 5000 miles now and I've had zero problems.
91 Legacy Wagon, Total Rally Car.

#82 M4 TRSCCA Rallycross

http://www.youtube.com/mobilepolice/