Metra Multi-Application Antenna AT-GM93

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

vrg3
Vikash

Metra Multi-Application Antenna AT-GM93

Post by vrg3 »

The power antenna mast was broken on my new Sport Sedan, so I thought I'd try replacing it with a fixed antenna. I bought the Metra AT-GM93 "Multi-Application Antenna" meant for GM J-bodies, and it fits perfectly. It took about five minutes to remove the stock power antenna unit and put the replacement in its place.

The attached cable is very long, but I just left it coiled up like it was in the packaging. The connector at the end plugs right into the stock mating connector.

The mast threads onto the base, so you can easily remove it if you ever want to subject your car to the horrors of an automated carwash.

Reception seems quite good. Better than the universal aftermarket power antenna that's on my other Sport Sedan.

It costs about $13 from a store in the Advance/Checker/Shucks/Kragen conglomerate.

I give it five thumbs up. An easy, cost-effective, and maintenance-free replacement for a broken power antenna.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Re: Metra Multi-Application Antenna AT-GM93

Post by Manarius »

vrg3 wrote:The mast threads onto the base, so you can easily remove it if you ever want to subject your car to the horrors of an automated carwash.
No automated for my car. Hand wash or not at all.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Amen.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

agreed
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

Word.
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

Vikash, can you post a pic of the GM antenna on your car?
'94 TW
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Hmm, I don't have that car around (my brother's using it up at school, since it's better in snow than his ~400whp Supra with summer tires) but let me see if I have a picture.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I had this crappy picture on my phone (click to embiggen):

It just pretty much looks like a standard antenna that's supposed to be there...
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Some more pictures that kind of show it:

ImageImage
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

...embiggen lol
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
Hustler M
First Gear

Post by Hustler M »

I tried changing my mast, I got the Metra 44-PWR22, which is universal but listed for my car. It didn't work. Called Subaru and the OEM one is $75 more than what I paid for the Metra. I will have to try the J-Body one I guess :evil:
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

The antenna this thread is about is a complete replacement for the stock power antenna; it's not a replacement mast.

The 44-PWR22 is actually a replacement mast for the Metra "universal replacement" power antenna, not a universal replacement for any power antenna.
Hustler M
First Gear

Post by Hustler M »

OK now I'm confused . I bought the car with a broken antenna. The motor still works. So the antenna you have does it come with the cable to attach to the motor. I'm trying to figure out if the antenna you used will work for me aswell. I checked out Metra's website and I see what you mean about the antenna I have
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

The antenna I'm talking about in this thread will work for you if you have a sedan. You remove your entire antenna assembly -- motor and all -- and put this in its place. It is a fixed antenna, not a power antenna.

Another option for you is to buy just a new mast from Subaru. There's another thread or two about it, and at least one includes part numbers.