DHL Shipping

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

A_DuB
First Gear

DHL Shipping

Post by A_DuB »

DO NOT USE DHL SHIPPING!!!!!!

Ok let me explain. As some of you might know I put my car into a ditch way back in September of last year, which kinda FUBAR'ed my right side doors. Lucky for me Blackbart/Frank had just the doors I was looking for. It wasn't until after I got the doors did I run it to this problem. The doors were suppose to be sent ground (wasn't in a big hurry) and when the doors got here 4 days later I didn't think twice. Now I though I had paid for the shipping of the doors online when I set up the pickup/delivery and entered in my credit card info on the DHL website, But to my surprise I got an invoice from DHL this last Tuesday, and when I saw the price that I am being charged my jaw kinda hit the floor. :shock: I have already sent them the money but also got on their web site to bitch them out for what I would call grossly inaccurate estimate.
91 Rio Red SS 5MT 4WD
87 Ford Broco V8 5.8Ltr
96 Hyundai Accent Hatchback
A_DuB
First Gear

Post by A_DuB »

I guess a few others are have problems with this shipping company.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.net/forum/sho ... hp?t=52275
91 Rio Red SS 5MT 4WD
87 Ford Broco V8 5.8Ltr
A_DuB
First Gear

Update

Post by A_DuB »

I got an e-mail back from DHL saying to only pay the amount that I thought was correct. I had already sent them the money. I then sent (DHL) a second e-mail saying that I had already paid them the amount in the invoice and they had all my info and I was expecting a refund.

This saturday I got an other invoice from DHL!?!?! I opened it expecting it to be a refund but no it was another bill. The original quote I got from them for shipping the 2 doors ground was 80 some odd bucks, the first invoice I got was 250 bucks, this second invoice I got is for 230 buck, over 400$$$ more than the original estimate.

So today I had my moms call those commie bastards (I guess the Chinese’s own DHL) and tried to get it straightened out. She got them to own up and they deleted the second invoice from our bill and said that they would send me a refund for the difference between the estimate and the first invoice.
91 Rio Red SS 5MT 4WD
87 Ford Broco V8 5.8Ltr
0perose
Third Gear

Post by 0perose »

I haven't had any problems with them lately, and have received several packages through them.
yo mang, can I get a rootshell?

1991 N/A, 4eat, crazy lights, junk suspension, sticker wagon
1989 xt6 work in progress
Subaru_Nation555
Third Gear

Post by Subaru_Nation555 »

SubyDude just shipped me somethina via DHL so I'm hoping there won't be any problems.
0perose
Third Gear

Post by 0perose »

Subaru_Nation555 wrote:SubyDude just shipped me somethina via DHL so I'm hoping there won't be any problems.
I got my stuff from subydude through dhl and it came quick as hell with no problems !!
yo mang, can I get a rootshell?

1991 N/A, 4eat, crazy lights, junk suspension, sticker wagon
1989 xt6 work in progress
Bheinen74
Fourth Gear

Post by Bheinen74 »

i received a couple of tower speakers in separate boxes, DHL did a good job shipping them to me. Each box weighed like 70 pounds, and was the size of a medium refridgerator, with all the bubble packing, and cardboard layers. The speakers were like tanks.
91 Legacy Sport Sedan 4eat
91crx si 165k
91 Civic RT4WD manual trans 168k
91crx Si 40.5k
85 BRAT Gl 140
97 SVX 74k
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

Sounds like proper enclosures. :wink: (no pun intended :shock: )

We quit using DHL several months ago unfortunatelly. Our delevery guy was sooo awsome and we miss him. But their corperate bullshit sucked, still haunts us, and we will never do buisness with them again.
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

DHL KICKS ASS!!
they're fast as hell
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
SuperRallyRoo
Third Gear

Post by SuperRallyRoo »

ya they fucking suck a dick. They sent my package to a completely wrong NOT EVEN close address like 23 blocks away from my house! How the hell do u do that and call yourself a shipping companY!? Although today UPS dropped my package off at the 1 asshole neighbor that I wish they hadn't. Bitch signed for it and when i went over there she gave it to me and slammed the door in my face. What a fucking cunt.
Legacyless
98 Jetta TDI
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

SuperRallyRoo wrote:What a fucking cunt.
The neighbor? Or DHL?
I'm having prolems w/ them at the moment, also.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

well alright.
all i know is that they got my fixed ipod to my house 3 days early, this could be because they purposely estimate the delivery times later, to make them SEEM better... but hey its better than there being a monopoly on shipping :D
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
Soul Shinobi
Second Gear

Post by Soul Shinobi »

DHL has been quite a pain for me lately. My order from SubaruParts.com was delayed a month because a fluid spilled. They had federal inspectors check it out twice and made Subaru Parts fill out a ton of paperwork. I was on the phone with DHL's HAZMAT unit and SubaruParts.com countless times.

The DHL people said turnaround is usually just a week. SubaruParts.com people said the DHL has been swiping packages left and right, sometimes for as little reason as the package sounds like it might contain a liquid, which alone is perfectly legal.
Last edited by Soul Shinobi on Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Nick
1992 BC Legacy L Sedan AWD 5MT 272,000 - Wish you the best
1998 BK Legacy L Wagon 5MT 234,000 miles - RIP
2002 SF Forester S Wagon 5MT 215,000 miles - Current winter sleigh
1986 FC Mazda RX-7 GXL Coupe 5MT 155,000 miles - Summer cruiser
Buffman
Second Gear

Post by Buffman »

Only DHL can manage to loose a 160lbs tranmission on more than one occassion, and to deliver them to the wrong addresses. (as experienced by the transmission builder on another forum) Fuck DHL and the horse they rode in on. I'm surprised Dell does a lot of their warranty shipping with DHL...
1992 Legacy LS Special Wagon..
Soul Shinobi
Second Gear

Post by Soul Shinobi »

Alright, I talked to SubaruParts.com today to have them finally resend the two Quick Parts Reference Guides that were ruined by the fluid that spilled. The guy in Internet Shipping told me "Oh! Yes, I remember that package. You know what the problem was, DHL shipped it by air when we asked them to ship it by ground only. Those fluids were in no way supposed to go by air."
-Nick
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

Damn. I guess I got lucky with DHL. They shipped a shortblock for me from MN to PA for $45. No issues.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

Isn't DHL going out of business?
SUBARUEHS Racing
Soul Shinobi
Second Gear

Post by Soul Shinobi »

"10 November 2008: DHL announces that it is cutting 9,500 jobs as it discontinues domestic air and ground operations within the United States to deal with economic uncertainty. It is retaining international services, and is still in talks with UPS to resume domestic shipping services."

Wikipedia is your friend.
-Nick