A+ For AndrewTech Automotive

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Subaru_Nation555
Third Gear

A+ For AndrewTech Automotive

Post by Subaru_Nation555 »

I know this is a long review but just stick with me…

If you live in the DC area and are in search of a new mechanic then you need to read this:

So hears the scoop. My '94 Legacy has around 140K on it. It had never had any real problems until about a month ago. The car was leaking oil and coolant everywhere as well has having lots of boost problems among various other issues. I usually bring my car to a fairly competent gas station near my house but have never been 100% satisfied with them. After reading a few comments about AndrewTech Automotive Solutions in Gaithersburg, an all Subaru mechanic with a great record among the Subaru community, I knew where I needed to take my car.

I dropped the car off at AndrewTech during the first week in March. A day or two later they called me and basically told me what was going on with the oil/coolant leaks. We both agreed that since they would have to replace a few major seals anyway and since it was a lot of labor taking the engine apart, it should get all new seals. Over the next few weeks I was kept in constant communication with AndrewTech about the progress on my car. I was met with some bad news about rotted motor mounts and cracked hoses. However I feel ever confident that that car was in good hands.

I got the car back a couple of days ago and started having tranny issues on the way back. I immediately placed a call to AndrewTech and we concluded that some particles were blocking the tranny screen and starving the system of fluid. I took it to a nearby gas station and they replaced the screen. It seemed to cure the problem. I appreciated them helping me through a scary experience (anyone with an old 4EAT car-loosing all your forward gears is a scary experience.)

So basically the car has never felt better and I feel that she has another 10 years left in her. It's a Subaru so it probably does!

I'm very anal as to who gets to work on my car and I felt like both my car and I were in good hands with AndrewTech. No mechanic had ever been so honest and helpful as the guys at AndrewTech. So if you’re looking for a trustworthy, competent shop around the metro area, look no further.

So to the guys at AndrewTech, thank you for a very pleasant experience. A+

UPDATE: The tranny finally called it quits and I had to get a replacement. AndrewTech sourced a used one and installed it. However the front diff. was fried and in turn my speedo/VSS wasn't working. At no cost to me they went above and beyone making my tranny right. I could have been screwed over big time but I was treated like a valued customer. It is experiences like this that will keep me coming back for years to come. Everyone there is fun and knowlegable and it was a pleasure guys. Thanks again, the car is doing great.
Last edited by Subaru_Nation555 on Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Yeah they're really good guys. They know more about Subarus than a dealer, they're meticulous, and they're honest. That's why everyone who goes there turns into a zealot who preaches the gospel of andrewtech. See my location and signature? I'm converted.

I saw your car in there. Too bad I didn't run in to ya. The new guy, Dan, had your engine on a stand and he was going over it incredibly meticulously... like it was his baby. He seems to know his stuff.

-Sam
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Plus, I work there :).
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

BAC5.2 wrote:Plus, I work there :).
Yeah, I guess that's ok too :P
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com