Neo 10W-40 Engine oil

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

mvons
In Neutral

Neo 10W-40 Engine oil

Post by mvons »

We have used Neo oil since 13,000 miles. We change oil filters every 5,000 miles and the oil every year or 20,000 miles.

The engine still doesn't use oil and we will use Neo engine oil forever. We use it in our 1991 Toyota 6cyl 4x4 (239,000miles) also.

We buy direct from Baker Precision.
1991 2.2L Legacy L 2wd Auto 422k miles - waiting to have head gasket and trannie seal replaced.
RIP 1993 2.2L Legacy L AWD MT Sedan 280K prior abused.
1993 2.2L Legacy L AWD MT Wagon, got at 184k, rebuilding - burnt exhaust valves
vaccine
In Neutral

Post by vaccine »

i have read nothing but praise about this brand being the ducks of oils. next bx change it will be going in. i have motul at the moment, and it is crap!
.. Dave
tonflo
First Gear

Neo coolant

Post by tonflo »

I have the Neo coolant in my NSX. Very highly recommended by Jon Martin (NSX expert & engine builder). Plus it's propylene glycol based so it's not toxic & it looks like grape Kool Aid to boot. No problems so far, but I don't drive it much or push it much.
'94 Legacy Touring wagon. Quicksilver metallic. WRX rims, Whiteline ALK, SS brakelines, GR2s, alum. coolant tank. Gone, but not forgotten

'99 NSX, Alex Zanardi edition, #11/50. All stock & red 2 go

'05 Corolla XRS
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

The main issue with propylene glycol based systems is that they must be 100% free of water.

Other down-side is their heat transfer coefficient is less then ethylene glycols. So to get the same cooling, you need more fluid, which you don't really have, or you have to bump up your flow rate. In a car based system, your cooling system is just going to have to work harder.

The advantage of propylene based systems is the ability to minimize localized hot spots/vaporization around the cylinders. You also don't need to run a high pressure system.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

thats why you use amsoil fully synthetic 10W-30, its specifically formulated for turbo cars and it kicks ass. :-D
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
mvons
In Neutral

Re: Neo 10W-40 Engine oil

Post by mvons »

Still using Neo. The Toyota 6cyl died shortly after posting. We were tired of it's pathetic hauling and CELs and not passing smog. Got a 72 Chevy replacement. But going to try 20-50 in the leaky old beast that can haul.

Neo is cheaper by the gallon and check around for sellers. It is better than Redline oil. Redline seems to be best for AT and we buy back east for the best price.

91 subaru up to 380,000 miles. I love subarus!
1991 2.2L Legacy L 2wd Auto 422k miles - waiting to have head gasket and trannie seal replaced.
RIP 1993 2.2L Legacy L AWD MT Sedan 280K prior abused.
1993 2.2L Legacy L AWD MT Wagon, got at 184k, rebuilding - burnt exhaust valves