Subarugenuineparts.com

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

realfinn
First Gear

Subarugenuineparts.com

Post by realfinn »

Since I did a search and couldn't find a review on this I figured I would throw mine in.

Great service and very helpful people. But the first time I ordered my suspension part I was sent a completely diffrenet part than what was on the site. After talking to the people on the phone it turns out that the site and images are hosted by a completely different company than the people actually selling the part. The drawing and order information was completely wrong for what I needed. Their sales person said that anytime you order from them the best thing to do is call and ask about the part rather than order on the net.

They were very nice and called UPS to come pick up the wrong part and they even expedited the shipment of the right part to me so that I would have it by the weekend.

Some of the prices are a little high...but thats what you generally see for OEM items anyway. The biggest advantage is that they can get pretty much any stock part you need.
Subaru_Nation555
Third Gear

Post by Subaru_Nation555 »

I ordered a replacement exhaust tip from them a couple of months ago. Everything went smoothly and the part got to me in a timely fashion. Price seemed reasonable for that particular item.
'06 Impreza 2.5i wagon
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

I've ordered from them a few times. They seem to have lower than average prices on all OEM stuff. Sometimes it takes a while for old Legacy parts since they need to be special ordered.

For anybody in the Seattle area, they are based out of Chaplin's in Bellevue. You can pick up and pay for orders there rather than pay shipping.
90 L+ wgn
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

Jamie Thomas aka SubieGal runs the online/phone orders through them btw. I order the new parts I need from her because she's nice and the parts are wholesale prices. Last week I bought a transmission pan gasket and a travel mug from her. I ordered by phone Thursday morning, she shipped them that day, they came Saturday, and I had the new gasket installed Sunday.

It's best to call in the morning because she usually spends the after noon shipping stuff.

I've found all the prices to be quite a bit less than those at a dealer. A few times I've needed things and gone into a dealership with the online price. Sometimes they'll drop theirs when you mention it. Although one guy told me rather rudely that maybe I should order it online then.
realfinn
First Gear

Post by realfinn »

jamal wrote:Jamie Thomas aka SubieGal runs the online/phone orders through them btw. I order the new parts I need from her because she's nice and the parts are wholesale prices.
Plus she sounds cute as hell on the phone! -rather mindless reason for ordering from them!
Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

+1 for Subaru Genuine Parts

Post by Splinter »

JDM EJ20G headgaskets and an EJ20G waterpump for under $150

Thx Jamie :D
98 Steel Widebody RSTi-RA Superbeast
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

That's been a good source for me too. The pick up option is nice.

Can they get other JDM stuff? Like EJ20G valve cover gaskets?
90 L+ wgn
Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Splinter »

As far as I can tell, they can just about get anything thats still in production if you supply them with a part number
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

Do you have the part number for the 20G valve cover gaskets/seals?
The part catalog PDFs I found were for US Legacies only. :(

I tried to get some at SuperAutobacs in Tokyo a couple weeks ago. They didn't want to order a set for me because they said there were different versions of the EJ20G in 1989 Legacies. I never heard of any versions that would have different valve cover gaskets. Maybe they were thinking of the RS-RA version?
An employee told me to contact him with the "long number" on the inside of the valve cover, as that would identify the engine version.

My left 20G valve cover has the number "496" on the inner side.
The right cover has "497"

Is there actually a EJ20G version that I need to specify when ordering gaskets?

Sorry for the threadjack :lol:
90 L+ wgn
Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Splinter »

jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

Plus a billion for Jamie. I don't order OEM parts from anywhere else.
gt2.5turbo
Second Gear

Post by gt2.5turbo »

hmm....i must know how to get intouch with this "jamie"
93 White Legacy Turbo Wagon: For Sale-ish
93 White Turbo Sedan: soon with a little more umf
91, funky brown purple gray color, legacy L Wagon: the "its so cheap i cant not pass it up" purchase to get me around when the others are down
Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Splinter »

Place an order at subarugenuineparts.com :P
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

Thanks Splinter! There are some good part numbers there.
90 L+ wgn
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

Just got a set of two parts for my new WRX front calipers from Jamie.

Great service, will definitely buy from them again.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+