Review: Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50s

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

R-Inge
In Neutral

Review: Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50s

Post by R-Inge »

Hey all,

I just wanted to relay a recent experience with a new set of Blizzak WS-50 tires that I mounted a couple of weeks ago. I live in Fort Collins, and as some of you in CO know we got nailed. I was running some relateively new Dunlop Sport SP2 tires, 195/70r14, which do ok in the dry and wet, but aren't so hot in the snow. I can get along ok with the AWD doing its job, but stopping and turning is not a strong suit, and I was even afraid of getting stuck in the 23in we got. So, I bought a set of four Blizzak WS-50s, size 185/70 r14 (stock size I think). I noticed an immediate improvement in snow and ice traction. They are obviously not as good as studded snows, but in the deep stuff they dig in and go, and even on snow pack and moderate ice they make a huge difference not only turning and stopping but also in acceleration and overall grip.

Anyway, I am throroughly impressed and wanted to pass on the experience.
~R-Inge
1994 Legacy L Wagon, N/A Spruce Green.
ou812
In Neutral

Post by ou812 »

Big 2nd on these tires....had a set on my 91 Galant VR4 in 195/60/15 size, and the car was nearly unstoppable! I wasnt worried until snow started packing up into the engine bay....
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

I have a set of 235/45-17s on my Rota SDRs:

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=38125

Decent dry tire so far, but haven't been able to test them in wet or snow yet. Certainly looking forward to that though.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+