I GOT DYNO PAPERS!!

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

eeek i can't wait to get my car dyno'd probably next week. I was hoping in november, but I never got my drivetrain swap done :( Once I swap everything and make sure I have no issues with boost leaks, exhaust etc ill head out to neetronics.
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
edgeofvamp
First Gear

Post by edgeofvamp »

Wish we had 94 octane here, the best we ever get is 91 octane
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

Post by Innovative Tuning »

The car had a boost leak when it was run on their dyno which was making it rich and choppy. After the leak was fixed his car went back to normal AFRs (around 11.6-11.8 at full boost with meth). When we finally put it on our dyno it made the same power from 11.3-12.2 AFR so it was left at 11.5 from then on.

Fuel and timing changes didn't help the top end falloff. With his setup it just hits a wall. There's no point in revving it much past 6000. You can't compare the engine he was running to a newer WRX engine. The 01+ WRX heads are a huge improvement.

Nico went through a ton of engines before he came here for tuning so I'm proud to say that the engine I tuned actually lasted a few years and it wasn't even a full forged setup like some of the other ones. :)

Nico did you send the Autronic back for repairs yet? Make sure you do that. I know it started working again, but you never want your ECU to have intermittent connections which can cause damage.
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

edgeofvamp wrote:Wish we had 94 octane here, the best we ever get is 91 octane
with ethanol.........
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

Innovative Tuning wrote: You can't compare the engine he was running to a newer WRX engine. The 01+ WRX heads are a huge improvement.
What about the heads makes them a huge improvement? I'm going to be running 25D heads with some sort of phase one turbo cam, as we've found the N/A cams kill HP. Worst case scenario I'll have 20G cams. I'd like to send some cams to Delta, but the funds won't be around for quite a while, since I'd need springs and valves too.

The 40R compressor will be able to shove some serious air, but I'm wondering what battles I should focus on. Get a tubular manifold, which is relatively cheap, or focus on valvetrain? Granted I'm not going over 450whp with this motor, so I'd like to only do what it takes to get there.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m