Don't buy from these guys!

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Don't buy from these guys!

Post by kimokalihi »

I bought a set of H&R springs a week ago from these guys on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0217237261

Brand new in the box. I emailed them probably 2 or 3 days later asking if they'd shipped my springs yet and if I could have the tracking number. Never got a response so 2 days ago I emailed them again asking for the tracking number again. I get home this morning from work to find an email from them saying this:
the H&R 29868 is still on national backordering, we can either issue a full refund or we can ship it out asap when we got those in

KM
Here's my third and final email to them:
You waited 6 days to email me and tell me that it's on backorder? Why are you selling a product you do not have in your posession!? I even emailed you twice before you decided to tell me you don't even have the springs! I never would have bought them from you if I knew this. I could have bought them somewhere else and they would have been here by now. My struts that I bought the same day from another ebay seller will be here today.

You should have stated right in the beginning in plain sight that you don't actually have the springs. Not hide it in the shipping information. This is a bunch of BS. You think anyone seriously wants to wait up to 2 weeks or more for your springs to come in so you can ship them out? NO. I was so excited to put my new suspension in my car so I can actually drive it and now I have to go buy them somewhere else and wait another week for them to get here. Meanwhile my garage is still tied up because my car is up on jack stands with no suspension and I planned to have it out by thursday.

I'm going to find out if you're even allowed to sell items you don't actually possess.

I'm not happy if you haven't noticed. Give me my money back immediately or I will file a complaint with ebay.

*louie

Kimo
Am I wrong in being upset that they do business this way? I would never do that sort of thing and I always maintain great communication with my buyers whether it's on a forum, ebay, whatever. I always get them a tracking number and ship their items as soon as possible. I have their money and it's the sellers job to get their stuff shipped ASAP.

Instead they hide their backorder bullshit in the shipping details under the part that tells me how much my shipping will be so why would I look below that? I guess it's my fault for not reading every single word but they shouldn't hide it like that. It should be the first damn thing at the top of the description so people won't have to read the whole thing because they're not going to want to wait for them to backorder something.

Ebay sucks. Used to be great but it's really gone south in the last few years.

/rant
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

It says right on the auction that there are 12 sets AVAILABLE! Why does it say that when they're on backorder? That doesn't mean they're availible. That means just the opposite of available. These guys are shady. Sounds like they're either a shop selling parts they don't actually have but can order or they're just selling stuff they never had and ordering them from some place and having them shipped straight to the buyers address. Either way that should be illegal to do on ebay.

Here's some more unsatisfied customers who seem to have had the same issue with these guys.
Purchase was made almost 2 weeks ago and still no notice of item being shipped quattrocinco ( 3 ) Sep-16-08 18:05
NEUSPEED RACE SPRINGS 96-00 AUDI A4 QUATTRO 4CYL (#200207103827)
the item say 11 in stock... real item in stock.. 0 deaniel4520 ( 23) Sep-15-08 09:04
KOYO ALUMINUM RACING RADIATOR 91-94 SENTRA SE-R R1977 (#200203785120)

After 23 days, never received item. They won't issue me a refund either. phoenixeps2725 ( 19) Sep-01-08 13:12
GOODRIDGE STAINLESS BRAKE LINE 90-94 ECLIPSE AWD (#200229667609)
shipping was poor. took over 2 1/2 weeks to get. Communication was just excuses chuplis2006 ( 29) Aug-30-08 17:12
Reply by kurumamotoring (Aug-30-08 23:49):
UPS delayed the package, not our fault!!!

TOKICO HP STRUTS/SHOCKS SET 98-03 VW BEETLE (#190205784115)
Waited 3 weeks for item on backorder,seller had ok communication & issue refund daguy927 ( 23) Aug-29-08 10:44
H&R SPORT SPRINGS 07-08 TOYOTA CAMRY V6 54685-2 (#200218812702)
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

Sadly, a lot of EBAY "businesses" are doing the "drop shipping" method.

Nothing is really ever in inventory. They contract a price, and when you buy, they call the manufacturer and have them ship right to your address and bill them.

But if they post they have something in inventory, then I would have believed like you, that they actually have it in hand.

Pretty fawked up if you ask me.
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

The book industry is moving more to this as well. My book is POD (print on demand) so when it's ordered, the order gets to the printer, who prints and ships with 48 hours. Saves inventory, shipping, and returns costs. That type of thing in itself is not a bad idea as long as it's implemented correctly and it requires a reliable supplier/shipper. Sounds like these guys are doing that without having secured the reliable third party. Hope you can get your money back.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

I'm going through a dispute with a seller I purchased parts for my wagon from. I made payment and now he's no longer registered on ebay. Had lots of feedback too!

If you used paypal I would open a dispute (that's what I've done in my case).
SUBARUEHS Racing
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

They offered to return my money in full if I'd like and they did so. At least I got an email stating my money was refunded. Of course they chose not to respond to that email I sent them.

I want to know where they're getting the parts from? Is it direct from H&R? Will they sell ME the springs direct? Probably not. I need springs!
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Shit like this happens. Get your money back and try somewhere else. No sense getting really upset. You'll complain, but they won't lose sleep over it.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

Post by Legacy Rally Guy »

You gave a bit more explaination than I would have though...

I usually say:

You haven't shipped my item, or haven't sent notice, either way I'm putting in a claim in three days if I get no word or tracking number. :P

It works surprisingly well!

I actually worked for a company that did the drop shipping, but they were fast, every morning at 8am, we'd process orders taken... then call in orders by 12am and have them shipped to us, we'd then receive the items in bulk the following day. *it helps when you order 300 copies of FIFA Street, to get the overnight shipping* and then we ship out the packages... but we displayed a 24 hour order processing time and were usually a couple bucks cheaper than wal-mart. I'm not saying it was a perfect business, we sometimes shippped a ps2 Forza game instead of a xbox Forza game.. :P We mostly specialized in rare video games and hard to come by gaming items.. like the chainsaw controller for resident evil or Cronotrigger in it's original box... :P
1991 Legacy N/A- Being built to withstand zombie apocalypse!
2004 WRX STi- (GT3076r, 850cc Deatchwerks, Unequal Length Headers, FMIC, Alum Driveshaft, Camber Kit, Daily Driver)
drewriviera
First Gear

Post by drewriviera »

I gotta say!! I got reamed on this deal too! The plastic on my 91 SS's radiator broke, so I needed a new radiator immediately. This IS my daily driver, so I figured "Why get cheap stock radiators with plastic end tanks?" So, I found about 10 different dealers on Ebay saying that the Koyo aluminum radiator is in stock, some even saying 20 available. So, I make my order.....I order OVERNIGHT shipping. So, it seems as though every place that has it is in California. I'm in North Carolina, so I give it an extra day. Then another. Then another. Then a week. Finally I email them and bitch them out for not sending it. No response....Then I notice that they have no phone number to call for any service. Fishy, huh??? Ok, after about 3 weeks of waiting I eventually received an email about the matter and they said that they would ship it overnight "after they received posession of it" which more than likely means that they shipped it straight from Japan to ME. Meanwhile my car is sitting for 3 weeks....Never buy that crap!!!!
Legacy Konig
First Gear

Post by Legacy Konig »

Yeah Kimo, I've had that backorder business happen to me too.

In my opinion, that is a sketchy way to conduct business.

However, the company I was buying from that said that did eventually ship me what I wanted, but like you were saying they said they had it in stock.

But it actually had to be made for me.

No matter.
1994 Legacy L
1990 Legacy LS "decommissioned"