General Exclaim UHP tires

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

General Exclaim UHP tires

Post by PhyrraM »

I chose this tire as a good all-around (including rallycross) tire, even though General labels this tire as an "Ultra High Performance Summer" tire. I chose 215/50R16 mounted on '99 RS 16x7" wheels. I paid $89 per tire.

So far, overall, I have no complaints. They are not the "Ultra High Performance Summer" tire that General would have us believe, but I fully expected that when I bought them. That being said, they are quite good. Ultimate grip is excellent, as is breakaway characteristics. Initial turn in is a bit softer than I would like, however.

I did my first rallycross this weekend. The surface was a mix of dry and dusty dirt with a bit of gravel after the dirt had been pushed away. It was muddy in places the first run or so after the water truck made it's pass. I have to say that I am impressed with the Generals performance in the rallycross. I was second in class. Second to the event's organizer who happened to be running on snow tires. Initial turn in was noticably better with these than any other street tire that I have run at a rallycross. They also seemed very resistant to plugging up in the muddy parts. Physically, the tires held up very well to the abuse. Almost no visible wear to the tread block corners/edges that would be typical with running on this surface. Also no debeading issues, but I did pump them up to 41-45 PSI. Sidewall rating is 51 PSI!

For my stated goals of an affordable, above average street tire, and a decent rallycross tire these Generals have met both goals with flying colors.

Typical spot of rallycross damage.

Need to re-edit the pic....should say '01 Bugeye STI wagon struts and springs.
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

I was running these on my old SS for a while and now run them on my Outback in summer, great tire for the price!!!
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
yazmo
Third Gear

Re: General Exclaim UHP tires

Post by yazmo »

i got the exaxt same tire and i will buy them again for that price they are simply amazing
and they are so friking great in water