Axle reviews??

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

New92
Third Gear

Axle reviews??

Post by New92 »

Replacing front CV axles on my 92 SS. What have you guys used and how well did it hold up? Thanks for the info.
1992 SS 5MT
She's growing faster in her old age!
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I don't have a review for them but I hear CCR subaru engine rebuilders has good rebuilt subaru axles. I bought a couple but haven't used them. They look very nice though.

I guess it's actually a place called MW Enterprises that does them. But it's on the CCR engines site.

http://www.ccrengines.com/id28.html
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I've had good luck with www.cvaxles.com
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
fishbone79
Second Gear

Post by fishbone79 »

I'll second that cvaxles.com (constant velocity of Ocala) - that guy is pretty cool and the OEM rebuilds are really top notch.
Cheers,
morgan

1992 Legacy BF
1946 Ford 1.5 Ton Truck (The Beast): http://community.webshots.com/user/fishbone79
New92
Third Gear

Post by New92 »

Thanks guys, its appreciated!
1992 SS 5MT
She's growing faster in her old age!
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

I just got reman axles parts stores, dirt cheap(for axles) and lifetime warranty

Only had them in a month or so though, can't tell ya how they hold up.
brweber352
First Gear

Post by brweber352 »

Sweet, looks like they're in Ocala, FL that's like 30 minutes from me. I've been getting more worried about my CV axles breaking when I launch at the track, this looks like where I'll be getting mine custom built. You guys see that they have a page dedicated to Subaru under the racing section, it's not much but it's nice that he thanks the Subaru guys.
93'TLegWag171k StockBlock,TD05,HallmanMBC,530cc,Walbro255,shortram,LWpulley,DIS-2,MSDcoil,cxrFMIC,trans cooler/external filter,WRX wheels/brakes,CES w/Borla muffler,QTP elec cutout,REVchip2,KYB GR2,GroupN tops/all fr bushings,STImounts,GSD3 tires,LM-1,etc
fishbone79
Second Gear

Post by fishbone79 »

When I called them up I had a 20 minute conversation with the guy - all I ordered was a pair of OEM rebuilt CV's, but the guy loves subies. Was pretty refreshing to talk to a proprietor in detail like that. Also, I think you get a discount if you find the picture of the dog on the website, haha.

Anyway, I've had this set for 9 months, no issues at all.
Cheers,
morgan

1992 Legacy BF
1946 Ford 1.5 Ton Truck (The Beast): http://community.webshots.com/user/fishbone79