I GOT DYNO PAPER'S part #2

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I GOT DYNO PAPER'S part #2

Post by NICO »

the legacy
ej22t, wiseco pistons, carillo rods, acl bearings
ej20k dohc heads, stock spec.
autronic EMS
aps intercooler
aps sr56 turbo
PE 850cc injectors
sti 6mt & rear diff & brembos & shocks
1510kg 3322lbs

id like to thank ! Mike @ Innovative Tuning, for the amazing tune & help over the years with my impreza & the new legacy !!

1993 Subaru Legacy 44B STi 4Cam 16Valve Turbo Intercooled AWD
EJ22T, STi EJ207 DOHC, Vi-PEC (Spare Autronic) @ 426.20HP / 394.94ft lb @ 00psi
Tuned By: Franz Diebold ( DIEBOLD AUTOSPORT ) @ NVauto
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Re: I GOT DYNO PAPER'S part #2

Post by gijonas »

just in case you want to know what it looks like with a hood scoop lol!

94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Nice numbers Nico
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

^^ thank you Legacy777 !

soon the q mile track will open in my area, then i can see how well it does on there. its a total diffrent car when it goes on the street & off the dyno, it was makeing more boost (26psi) on the street then (21psi) on the dyno.

the best part of it! at hwy speeds it cuts the wind so much, it feels so smooth

gijonas i dont get it LOL, i have a scope ! its the oem little one, & i just got it new from the dealers just before the hole car got painted.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Damn that car is hot. Nice numbes too! I'm jealous. I think I'll paint my grill black too lol. But I'm gonna cut it and fiberglass it a bit differently.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Looks like new and now it has the performance top match! I'm thinking of going back to the chrome strip around the sides.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

Not bad NICO. What is holding you up though? I though you were expecting closer to 400 whp with your setup.

Either way, 300 whp is still a hoot to drive. A lot of people don't expect it out of a car that looks like your typical early 90's Japanese sedan. C5 Vette's take notice.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

kimokalihi: thank you ! ya the grill looks good in black i have a spare in silver oem spec, i change it up when i get bored.

evolutionmovement: thanks man, i kept the crome becuse i think it looks good. i did it to the white legacy and i regret doing it, so this time i didnt do it.

93forestpearl: thank you, yeah i was think i would hit close to 400 whp also.

i guess it didnt have 400 whp in it, but these heads flow way better then my old set up with the ej20g heads.

but the paper shows 21psi, but when me and mike did a street check it was boosting up to 26psi & it was insane fast. this set up is a little diffrent, these heads at say 6000 rpms it takes off like a bat out of hell !!

red line is set to 7000 rpm, maybe i could go higher but i dont know what is safe, at this point i only got about 6000kms on the motor. maybe a bit more break in & we can try for a bit more down the road.

also soon the track will be open and im going to do a couple of q-mile test's to see what i can pull off.
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

Sounds good.

I'm curious as to why you would be hitting 21 psi on the dyno and 26 psi on the road. When my motor ran, that was enough to put it in areas not tuned for and cause knock. Every setup is different though.
→Dan

douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

I have the same issues of hitting big power on the freeway, but not on the dyno and/or drag strip.

If I am hitting 28psi on the freeway, I will only hit 22-24 psi on the dragstrip/dyno.

I bet it has something to do with retained heat in the exhaust system....

Get it to the track!
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

The chrome strips look alright on your silver car but they look like ass on my white car and that's why I got rid of em. I hate chrome with a passion. But it does look good on the silver cars. Not chrome wheels though. Those wheels you got on there look awesome. The whole car is so clean, it's amazing.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

What is the intake system? Are you able to draw in more air at speed by ram effect or could it be the much better flow through the intercooler on the highway?
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

You're hitting more boost on the street because the engine is being loaded more than when it's on the dyno. My car does the exact same thing. It pisses me off Link does not have closed loop boost control, and removed the gear dependent boost control. With that I could keep things a little more in check rather than having to turn the boost down so I don't overboost in the higher gears.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Makes sense—wind resistance.
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

I will be using a manual boost controller because of Link not having closed loop boost control yet. I had major boost variances using their setup, but I didn't use the gear dependent boost control yet.

The Hallman I'll be using holds the same boost in any gear no matter the loading. Any ball and spring MBC should hold the same boost no matter the loading.
→Dan

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

It's not necessarily wind resistance, it's the gear ratios. Most dyno tunes are done in 1 gear, typically 3rd for 5spds, 3rd or 4th for 6spds. They may check higher gears, or try to simulate a certain grade with the dyno, but it's not real world.

Dan,

The G4's has the gear dependent boost control removed, which sucks. Also, the G4 does not have closed loop knock control. The G3 has both of those. I like the G4, it has a lot of cool stuff, but those two things kind of urk me.

You're right about the MBC, it holds same boost no matter what gear.....ambient temp changes are really what alter the MBC's.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

my intake system is short ram with a filter.

a couple years ago i tried the mbc on this same set up and it still did not control boost for my set up. its only when i use the ej20k heads that boost climb's as the rpms climb's. i just had to set the boost controler to a lower boost setting. with it set a little lower, i just hit 23psi and everything is well.

i dont know but its really fast, mike was telling me that on his dyno a sti would make 240 - 260 hp.
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

UPDATE !!

well its all fixed now!! been giveing a beat down a little bit more and it all smoothed out real nice. boost is set at 22psi and i even whent up to 26psi perfect but ill keep it at 22psi becuse its tuned for that.

im thinking it was just to cold out for the car, my j&s knock system light never comes on which means everything is perfect ! even under the 26psi !!.

im going to run it a bit more try the q mile see what i get, then book to see mike @ innovative tuning to adjust the tune for 26psi or even more if its safe.
Subiepoo11
First Gear

Post by Subiepoo11 »

Can you say the ultimite sleeper. Clean car and nice numbers... Im jealous.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Jesus 26psi!! I can't even go 17 without hitting fuel cut.