Stoptech Street Performance Pads

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Stoptech Street Performance Pads

Post by jamal »

Finally bought some rotors last week and put on the new brakes yesterday. I already had WRX front and H6 rear brakes, SS lines, a master cylinder brace, and good fluid with Hawk HPS pads. Still, I was never really happy with how they worked. A lot of pedal travel and effort was required to get much of response out of the pads. Once you got them warm they worked better, but from there it didn't take much to overheat them.

Going to the stoptechs was a night and day difference. I concede it had been about a year since I'd last bled the brakes and I did overheat the hawks on a couple of occasions, so they may not have been in ideal shape, but man, these are so much better.

Now when I hit the brakes, they respond immediately and it takes less pedal travel and effort to get the car to slow down at the same rate. I actually need to make adjustments to how I brake because I'd gotten so used to mashing the pedal down halfway just to get anything. I've only driven around to do a bed in and home from the shop so I'll have to add to this after I get a chance to abuse them.

Best part? They're CHEEEEEP. Like a little over $100 for the whole set. I think there available in at least some of the older pad shapes too.

Pictures of my shiny new brakes:

jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Re: Stoptech Street Performance Pads

Post by jamal »

Update: These things are fantastic and I really can't recommend stoptech pads enough. I'm in Montana right now where it's like 10 degrees out and they still have excellent bite on the first stop and make ZERO noise. Way, way better than the Hawks in every way, and much better cold bite than the axxis ultimates I had before that (these are basically the replacement for that pad).
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Have you run any of the EBC pads? I've been running the red stuff pads on my Impreza and have been very happy. The only downsides I've had from them is that they don't last super long, and they dust...but not really more than any other performance type pad.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Are those subaru rotors?
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

they are centric premium blank rotors.

have not tried EBC pads. As far as feel goes these are comparable to the Ferodo DS2500 and Hawk HP+ which have just a slight bit more hot bite.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Ok, I haven't tried either of those pads. I currently have Mintex 1155's on the Legacy, but will probably change those out in the somewhat near future.

I loved the PFC carbon metallic pads I had on the Legacy many years ago. Those pads were phenomenal when you got some heat in them, and loved high speed stops. The semi-metallic pads can't touch 'em.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
subytech
Second Gear

Post by subytech »

I am also currently running these pads with 2.5rs calipers, stop tech slotted rotors, and Giro Disk STi stainless lines. I've done 3 Auto-X events and about 8,000 miles, and their AWSOME, almost no dust considering this is a performance pad and their wearing great. I wish they had a little more initial bite but they modulate great and with my Hancook R-S3 tires almost make the eye's pop out of my head durring my auto-x runs or right out of the driveway on a 30 degree morning!
92 Legacy Turbo, 5sp MT, Early Large CC 20G heads, Ported custom clocked td04, Cobb catted DP, Injen SS 3" exhaust, Turbosmart MBC @ 10psi, Apexi 20g intake, custom FMIC, Fidanza 11lb flywheel, stock 05 WRX clutch