Camber bolts

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Camber bolts

Post by beatersubi »

I need some camber bolts for the STi struts I just installed on my wagon. :oops:
I'm looking for opinions from those who've used these. What brand did you purchase, how do you like them, and how much did you pay? There are few different kits available for what seems to a range of price for what is essentially the same thing and I'm wondering if there is a difference in quality.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Re: Camber bolts

Post by Apex3 »

I bought H&R camber bolts.

From what I've read they're just about all the same, except the H&R's which seemed like much better quality to me. The rest are just rebranded versions of the same thing. They are a bit more expensive though, I wanna say they were like $55? from 425 Motorsports. Eibachs are closer to $30.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I used Ingalls camber bolts and they worked well for me. I have no good way to judge their quality except that they worked well for something like five or six years and stayed put but also stayed adjustable.

Whatever bolts you use, I would suggest putting anti-seize on them. Their design leaves them more exposed to the elements than the stock strut bolts.

Another option, if you're just looking to not have messed-up camber after your strut swap, is swapping to GD lateral links; they'll fix your camber the "right" way. That's what I did on my GC. Of course, that leaves you no room for tuning.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I bought a couple sets for like $30 shipped. Sold one set. Probably have the other set in my garage somewhere. Had them on the car when I had the STI struts but I removed and sold those before I got it running so I can't really say how well they worked. The range of adjustment isn't much. I do remember they are smaller than the stock bolts so you'll need to use more tools to install/remove them than a normal job. I didn't like how they were seemingly painted a matte black which would probably easily rub off and rust. The quality of them vs the stock bolts is night and day. They're cheap garbage in comparison, IMO.

From the pictures I found from different brands they all looked like the same exact thing but different companies like to sell them as their own and set their own price. I wouldn't pay more than $20 shipped for a set brand new. If you could drill out the hole to possibly fit the front camber bolts in the rear that would probably work.

If you want the set I have, I'd sell them to you if I can find them.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Thanks for the input guys.
Good to see you still around, Vikash.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

I noticed the same as kimo, the h&r seem to be of much better quality than the other crap though, and I think the bolt heads were stock size
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

In light of taking my car to the track yesterday, I'd suggest camber plates if you're going to drive the car hard at all. I'll let the pic do the talking

jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

were they set to max negative or somewhere in between? if the tab on the washer isn't lined up right and the bolt isn't maxed out that's a lot more likely to happen.

I got my bolts at napa, they're made by SPC, like almost all of them. Have had them in for years without a problem.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Just picked up a set from NAPA.
Thanks for weighing in, Jamal.
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

jamal wrote:were they set to max negative or somewhere in between? if the tab on the washer isn't lined up right and the bolt isn't maxed out that's a lot more likely to happen.

I got my bolts at napa, they're made by SPC, like almost all of them. Have had them in for years without a problem.
There is no tab on H&Rs. Reading around I had read this was a problem, I didn't intend to track it though so it didn't matter when I bought them. I'm gonna buy some STi lateral links at some point though now.