WeatherTech All-Weather Floor Mats

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

WeatherTech All-Weather Floor Mats

Post by Legacy777 »

Well I needed some new mats for the Impreza because the old front driver's mat was starting to wear through in certain spots. I couldn't find any of the Subaru mats, and I didn't like the fit of the newer Impreza mats. So I decided to bite the bullet and buy the WeatherTech mats. They're not cheap! With shipping front and rear mats were around $100.

I got the mats they listed for the Impreza, the W52's for the front and W20's for the rear. The front driver's mat had a cutout for the foot rest and fuel/trunk latches. Compared to the old mats these mats were smaller, which I wasn't too thrilled about. Plus since I have a wagon I don't have the trunk latch, so I would just have an area of open carpet. Again, I wasn't too thrilled with that. I just didn't care for the fit, so I decided to return the fronts.

After trimming the rear mats, which were designed to be trimmed, they fit great!

My old front mats were made by a company called Cannon in England. So I went searching for those same mats, which I couldn't find and couldn't really find any US distributors. I found some newer generic ones on ebay that were 12 pounds, but shipping was like 50! So I did some searching for some "generic" mats at WeatherTech. Surprise, surprise, the mats they list for the first gen Legacy are practically identical to the old Cannon mats. Their part # is W3. The W3 mats don't have the cut out for the trunk latch & fuel door. Also, I had to cut out a spot so the mat doesn't interfere with the accelerator pedal. However, I like the fit of these better than the W52's, even I had the trunk latch & fuel door cut out. They just cover more of the carpet area.

Anyway, I like the mats. They are a little more pliable and conforming than the all-weather mats from Subaru, which is nice. I know they are a little costly, but if you can't get the Subaru mats and want a better fit, these will probably fit the bill.

Here are some pictures of the mats I combined the first set of pictures of the W52's & W20's with the W3's. Enjoy!

http://main.experiencetherave.com/subar ... athertech/
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Dominator
First Gear

Re: WeatherTech All-Weather Floor Mats

Post by Dominator »

Good stuff. Thanks for the part number and the pictures. I was wondering about some replacement floor mats. Mine are still holding up ok, but they look weathered and kinda old.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

You're welcome. I think the W52's would probably work fine on our Legacies. I should have tried them in my Legacy to see how they fit/looked. Or the W3's can be trimmed to fit.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

Dominator
First Gear

Post by Dominator »

I just ordered a set of these from Amazon.com W52GR (Grey) $68.86 with free shipping.

Thanks again for the part number Josh.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

That's a good price!
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

Dominator
First Gear

Post by Dominator »

Got them today and installed. Here's some pics.

I picked up the biggest Amazon.com smiley box known to man at the post office this afternoon. It took up most of the back seat of my car.

All for this thin little box. :?

These mats are a lot smaller than my previous ones. They fit well, but there's a lot more carpet showing. I have some carpet shampooing to do. I will probably detail the whole car when my 2nd job ends for the season. No time to dedicate to it at the moment.

Driver's side installed.

Passenger side installed.

I can't say why I thought this way, but I assumed the rears would be included too I knew they wouldn't be, because I didn't order them. So, for reference, this part number is the fronts only. These are W52GR (grey color) for black it's W52
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah, when I first got the 52's, that was my first impression, they were a bit smaller than the previous ones I had. That's why I ended up going with the W3's.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT