Rallycrosses: PA and VA

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

rallysam
Fourth Gear

Rallycrosses: PA and VA

Post by rallysam »

Hey all,

Here's a couple rallycrosses coming up in the Mid-A:

11/9 - Orange, VA
11/13 - Newberrytown, PA (between Harrisburg and York)
11/20 - Orange VA
11/19 - Clayton, NC
12/11 - Orange, VA

Info for the VA events:
http://www.dcrally.com

Info for Newberrytown, PA event:
http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frm ... 5682652865

Info for NC event:
http://www.thscc.com/rallycross/prereg_rallyx.html

Edit - all the virginia dates changed
Last edited by rallysam on Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
Marbles
In Neutral

Post by Marbles »

gah, Orange PA is 371 miles away from me :( otherwise i'd probably see you there... it's just a bit too far... when's the next one in North Carolina?
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

It's Orange, VA not PA. That's still a few hours away from ya, but not quite as bad as you thought.

Edited first post to add a NC date for ya
'00 Impr RS - sold
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
Marbles
In Neutral

Post by Marbles »

Umm... the P and the V are like... really close on the keyboard because i meant to type VA instead of PA :) anyways, thanks for the info on the NC one... time and money allowing, me and my girlfriend will be there.. maybe i'll even compete!
corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

I think I'd like to check out the Newberrytown event. Thanks for keeping us posted Sam.

Matt if you see this maybe we can caravan down?
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

corsair wrote:I think I'd like to check out the Newberrytown event. Thanks for keeping us posted Sam.

Matt if you see this maybe we can caravan down?
That'd be great. It would be nice to have a lot of people there because this will be the Susquehanna region's first ever rallycross.
'00 Impr RS - sold
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Bump-
All the VA dates changed, so I am DEFINITELY making it to the Pennsylvania one.

Anybody else in for the 13th in Newberrytown, PA? corsair?
'00 Impr RS - sold
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

You Newberrytown PA guys are screwed. There's going to be a Pearl SVX there that will kill you guys.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Manarius wrote:You Newberrytown PA guys are screwed. There's going to be a Pearl SVX there that will kill you guys.
Oh yeah? Who's bringing the smack down?
'00 Impr RS - sold
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

rallysam wrote:
Manarius wrote:You Newberrytown PA guys are screwed. There's going to be a Pearl SVX there that will kill you guys.
Guy on subaru-svx.net has a pearl SVX that he's stripped down...it's a real racing machine.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
rallylegacy57
In Neutral

Post by rallylegacy57 »

Marbles wrote:Umm... the P and the V are like... really close on the keyboard because i meant to type VA instead of PA :) anyways, thanks for the info on the NC one... time and money allowing, me and my girlfriend will be there.. maybe i'll even compete!
I will be at the rallycross on Nov 19th in NC. The event will be held at our Clayton, NC site not our Four Oaks sight. Use this link to preregister if you are interested in competing.
If you come out you will get to see my horridly beat up Legacy that rallysam had the pleasure of driving after his Legacy decided it didn't like running properly.

~Keith
1993 Legcy LSi AWD 5 Speed Rallycross car
corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

Manarius wrote:
rallysam wrote:
Guy on subaru-svx.net has a pearl SVX that he's stripped down...it's a real racing machine.
Hah! You mean Dave? Aka Hocrest? I dragged that thing way back in June at the Feed and Speed. Real cool group of guys, they had to borrow my TCU so I in turn asked for a run, I don't doubt it's in better condition now. I think I'll really try to make this one, if Matt is game or if I can get someone to ride shotgun on the trip.
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

Yeah, I guess it's Hocrest and Benebob's SVX...I assure you though...it's better. They just raised it up a bit and put on some monster rims and tires.
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

rallylegacy57 wrote:
Marbles wrote:Umm... the P and the V are like... really close on the keyboard because i meant to type VA instead of PA :) anyways, thanks for the info on the NC one... time and money allowing, me and my girlfriend will be there.. maybe i'll even compete!
I will be at the rallycross on Nov 19th in NC. The event will be held at our Clayton, NC site not our Four Oaks sight. Use this link to preregister if you are interested in competing.
If you come out you will get to see my horridly beat up Legacy that rallysam had the pleasure of driving after his Legacy decided it didn't like running properly.

~Keith
Hey Keith!

Welcome to the board! I edited the first post to include your info.

Once again, thanks for letting Sheel and I drive your car!
'00 Impr RS - sold
Marbles
In Neutral

Post by Marbles »

*GROANS* seriously, i have GOT to go to that rallycross on the 19th in NC.... it's 206 miles away though. Google maps says it's 4hrs 40 minutes drive :( maybe i can take a friday off work and head out there.. it sounds like a lot of fun.. even if i'm not going to compete, i just want to GO
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Anybody know Jerry McCavitt from New York, NY???

He's registered for this weekend Black 91 Subaru Legacy Turbo
'00 Impr RS - sold
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

Anybody know Jerry McCavitt from New York, NY???

He's registered for this weekend Black 91 Subaru Legacy Turbo
To quote Kenobi:
Of course I know him.... he's me!

Driving out after work from Newark... actually, I'll have to leave early, I usually don't get out untill 8AM. Hopefully I won't fall asleep during the PM runs. New Hakkas just mounted, and mudflaps re-installed after a 2-year hiatus. Found rust driver's side rear wheelwell, spent this afternoon chipping it all out. I now have a 4-lb weight advantage over you! :???: :razz:
See ya there!
Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Cool! See ya there
'00 Impr RS - sold
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Manarius wrote:
rallysam wrote:
So, about that smack talk... that car was beaten by me today.

This event was SOOOO much fun. Where was Aerotech??? Corsair??? There was absolutely no chance of getting a paint scratch at this place.
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

I would have been there today..but I had a shitload of work to do (and still do)
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Ooops link no worky. Here ya go:

rallylegacy57
In Neutral

Post by rallylegacy57 »

Sam, what ended up being wrong with the Legacy after the rallycross at Four Oaks?
1993 Legcy LSi AWD 5 Speed Rallycross car
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

The ignitor broke. That's a little black electronics box that generates the spark. I had just relocated it as part of my IC install. So, I'm not sure if it got overheated in its new location or smacked by something, but it died good.

SO, I drove home 300 miles on only 2 cylinders!!!! Amazingly, it turns out that our Subbies can idle and hit highway speeds with only 2 cyls! But, 18 wheelers were blowing past me on the highway even when I was at full boost!

:P
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

AARRGH! I blew a coolant hose the night before on the way to work, just made it to the parking lot, no chance to fix it and make it down to the track in time...3 hr drive :x so freakin' pissed. Bitch of a hose to replace, too. right side of engine on top, small 1/4" hose runs from coolant manifold to.....somewhere, can't recall. Complete intake & I/C disassembly just to see it. Probably the one hose I've never replaced, mostly 'cause I didn't know it existed. Well, better to break it at home than out in the bowels of Jersey somewhere. I had a cracked oil cooler letting oil into the coolant, and all the hoses rotted.

OK, next time, I swear... really looking forward to meeting some folks from the list. I want to run Auto-X as well, Nassau Colliseum on Long Island often hosts there
Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen