New personal record for the 1/4 mile

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

New personal record for the 1/4 mile

Post by douglas vincent »

Made what is most likely my last trip out of the year to PIR in Portland Oregon. And I was pretty happy. :smile:

Thanks to the magic of Torco fuel octane booster, I was running 10 psi, no intercooler, and stock NA ecu. I was pulling consistent 1.9 0-60' times, and my first run was 14.93 at 88 mph.

I did have some problems on my next three runs. I started losing power right at 6k on my 2nd run and only got a 15.2. Then the third run, I spun my tires (still got a 1.9 0-60') and then at the end I shifted out of 4th and had a huge freaking manifold backfire. Then barely limped it off the track. Got a 15.0 and beat the fancy ass WRX by a full second. He bogged the hell out of his lauch. He still hit 98 mph at 16.2 seconds :shock:

I had blown my intake off the throttle body.

Fixed it and tried again,which was the last run of the night.

I was up against a red corvette C60.

Bamn, launched the hell out of it with a .023 reaction time and he doesnt catch me until I shift into third which is where I blow the intake apart again. But damn it must have looked good up until there!!!!!!

Turns out you really need a BOV of some sort at 10 psi. Things tend to come apart otherwise!
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

dood you blew the welds on the intake manifold

Seriously though that's pretty cool. You spun the tires? It's AWD right? Although I guess you only need to spin two.
peter@functionauto.com
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

No, I just blew the silicone connectors off. I don't have a bead on some of the piping. If the BOV had been hooked up, then it wouldnt have been a problem. I think.
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Came back from the track tonight.

Well, due to having the FMIC, and the SMT6, I am running slower. But alot safer!!!

My best tonight was 15.35 at 88 mph. But I ran about 8-10 runs without ever ever having detonation! WHEE!!!!!! Just wish it was faster.....

I am still able to get 1.9xx 60' times, but losing the 2 psi due to the FMIC and pulling timing with the SMT6 for safety, definately slows me down.
sammydafish
Third Gear

Post by sammydafish »

huh.. that's odd... your MPH is exactly the same showing that your peak power is about the same, with a 1.9 60' you should be at least as fast unless you're loosing it between shifts or you lost some power under the curve (possable with the retarded timing).

You may want to adjust your shift times.
- Junior
90L Wagon EJ22E on Toyota CT-26 boost -- Crushed!
95L Wagon on T3/T4 boost :)
www.trdsupra.com [b][url=http://trdsupra.com/library/forsale/]Cheap parts![/url][/b][quote="Imprezive"]alright, I give up, I'm going to NASIOC...[/quote]
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

doug what rpm are you launching at?
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped