Rallycrosses in NC

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

rallylegacy57
In Neutral

Rallycrosses in NC

Post by rallylegacy57 »

Here is a tentative schedule for 2006 rallycrosses in North Carolina. The two sites we run at are in Clayton or Four Oaks, which are just east of Raleigh.

Jan 28
Mar 25
May 6
July 1
Sept 30
Oct 28
Nov 12
Dec 3

The site for each event will be determined closer to the season. Hope to see some of you out there next year.
1993 Legcy LSi AWD 5 Speed Rallycross car
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

See you out there!
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Bump for 1 week.

I don't know if I'll be able to make it this time. My tranny is on its way out and I'm skerred if getting stranded 280 miles from home.
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
rallylegacy57
In Neutral

Post by rallylegacy57 »

The event is closing in fast and the weather looks promising for this week to dry up some. The legacy is still running even though I think I am having a partial ECM failure causing about 7 codes to bring the CEL on and making it run rich.
rallylegacy57
In Neutral

Post by rallylegacy57 »

The March 25 event will be held at our Four Oaks site and preregistration is open. Here is the link to prereg.
http://www.thscc.com/rallycross/prereg_rallyx.html

Here are directions
http://www.thscc.com/general/directions/allens.html
Hope to see some of you guys there.
rallylegacy57
In Neutral

Post by rallylegacy57 »

Bump for the March event coming up fast. Any takers on the event?
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

I will I don't break it first
'00 Impr RS - sold
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

PS - I think I heard you're rockin the results in that old beater legacy. Way to go!
'00 Impr RS - sold
rallylegacy57
In Neutral

Post by rallylegacy57 »

rallysam wrote:PS - I think I heard you're rockin the results in that old beater legacy. Way to go!
Yup I somehow came out on top of the Street Tire 4WD class and manged a 3rd overall FTD. Only two rally tire guys beat me. I still must say the courses suited the Legacy very well since they were not power courses, so the WRX's didn't have a huge advantage.
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Are they still changing up the course for the afternoon runs? The time I drove your car, I remember that the morning course was tight and I was really holding my own, but the afternoon course was pretty wide open - a WRX course. Whatever, it's fun either way!
'00 Impr RS - sold
rallylegacy57
In Neutral

Post by rallylegacy57 »

Yup the courses are still getting changed from morning to afternoon. We even added a new element to the course that is really fun. Knowing how to do a pendulum turn has paid off very well if you know what I mean. :-D Many guys slow way down to get the car around the 180 degree turn, so I think I pick up some time there and that helps me. I guess having no fear of breaking your car also saves some time. Plus the legacy has a skid plate now. :twisted:
rallylegacy57
In Neutral

Post by rallylegacy57 »

Any takers the next event is less than a week away. It is raining here today and tomorrow so the dust will be at a minimum this weekend and hopefully the ground will dry enough to have the perfectly tacky conditions we had in January.
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Yup, I'm planning on it. I hope you don't school me with less turbo
:lol:
'00 Impr RS - sold
rallylegacy57
In Neutral

Post by rallylegacy57 »

rallysam wrote:Yup, I'm planning on it. I hope you don't school me with less turbo
I doubt that will happen, considering the car is running so wierd lately with the ECU screwing up. I haven't had the time to fix it an since it is still running ok I haven't been forced to fix it. We shall see how she runs this weekend.
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

rallylegacy57 wrote:
rallysam wrote:Yup, I'm planning on it. I hope you don't school me with less turbo
I doubt that will happen, considering the car is running so wierd lately with the ECU screwing up. I haven't had the time to fix it an since it is still running ok I haven't been forced to fix it. We shall see how she runs this weekend.
Haha, well I jinxed myself. Something broke on the car today. Something in the drive line sounds horrible. Maybe a bolt didn't get tightned in my alignment this morning leading to rubbing, but it's more likely that I lost a wheel bearing, axle, or maybe even the diff. So we'll see about this weekend :roll:

BUT better 1 mile from home than if it happened this weekend 280 miles from home.
'00 Impr RS - sold
rallylegacy57
In Neutral

Post by rallylegacy57 »

Sam any luck figuring out what is wrong with the car?
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Not yet. Here's what's up:
http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=25985

Don't see how I would make it down to NC tomorrow night. Unless I get lucky identifying the problem tonight and somehow get a mechanic to fix it in half a day tomorrow, count me out!
'00 Impr RS - sold
rallylegacy57
In Neutral

Post by rallylegacy57 »

Well Sam, I hope you will be able to solve your driveline problems. I guess this weekend just wasn't a good one for Legacys as mine decided on my co-drivers first afternoon run not shift out of first and then destroyed the flexplate that connects the torque converter to the motor. I was doing well too and we both ended up in the last two positions in SO4. :x Once I get it torn apart I will decide if the car is worth fixing or not. I might be in the market for another rallycross car soon. I think the tranny is shot, I know the shocks need to be replaced, plus the motor is starting to have issues so fixing it will probably cost more than what I bought the car for and I would rather part it out and find something in a bit better shape.
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

doh! Sorry to hear that. Good luck checking out the car.
'00 Impr RS - sold
rallylegacy57
In Neutral

Post by rallylegacy57 »

The next event is on May 6 at our BMW Farm location. I will give a link to directions as the event gets closer. Sam, there might be a replacement for the Legacy, I found a local 1987 Subaru GL-10 turbo wagon, that needs a new clutch and has a fairly low mileage motor and a spare turbo and computer. Looks like I might be replacing the legacy rather than fixing it. :twisted:
rallylegacy57
In Neutral

Post by rallylegacy57 »

Bump, next event is in just over 3 weeks.
rallylegacy57
In Neutral

Post by rallylegacy57 »

Next event is only a week away. Sign up now if you are interested.
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

I'll come if I'm confident in my car. We'll see. That whole wacko thing that happened right before the last one never got resolved.
'00 Impr RS - sold
rallylegacy57
In Neutral

Post by rallylegacy57 »

Is it still making the clunk or did that stop? BTW I found another Legacy. This one is a 93 5 speed. It will be debuting at the next event, hope to see you there. :D
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

It's gone... for now! The clunk came back between runs 1 and 2 of the last rallycross but didn't cause any other probs. I figure it's just waiting for me to drive 5 hours from home :wink:
'00 Impr RS - sold