Rim of the World Rally apr 28-29

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Rim of the World Rally apr 28-29

Post by jamal »

Rally season is starting again, and Rim of the World Rally is coming up. it's in Lancaster, CA, which is about an hour north of LA in the desert. I'm going, scottzg is going, and it would probably be cool if some more of you came along so we didn't have to hang out at the nasioc tent all weekend.

We're both working, and last year was a lot of fun. I split a room with eastbaysubaru and as I recall got a bit drunk Saturday night and started taking things apart. Rally370 and JasoGrahn were also there, competing, although I didn't really get to talk to them. Well, here are a bunch of pictures if I haven't yet convinced you to go:

Anyway, if you're going, volunteering to work is a good way to get close to the action. I'm working again this year and I'm really looking forward to it. Plus you get a whole bunch of free stuff and get to wander around whereever you want.

Here's the website:

http://www.rimoftheworldrally.com/
Last edited by jamal on Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: Rim of the World Rally apr 28-29

Post by scottzg »

jamal wrote:I'm going, scottzg is going
hell yes scottzg is going.
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

We're staying at the Best Western in Lancaster. rally370 and the guy giving the thumbs up in that last picture are also going and staying there, as well as the guys who are rallying car 354, which is an SS.
rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

Did you really have to post those pictures? it reminds me of when I had a car to rally! Ha Ha
Just to bring you up to date on the car: Last year we won CRS GT in the Legacy. We did one day at Laughlin 2005. I'm glad because I'm sure that's all the car could do! It did 200mls and used 3 quarts of oil. Oil pressure was down 20lbs to. So this year I've started a total rebuild. Using a newish engine. Turns out what I thought as a easy job has turned out to be a big job. First off the front X-member was bent , the steering arms, the header was flat, the cat destroyed etc. I did get another engine, but that was junk, as was the second and now I'm on the third! Well what can you do when engines at bargain prices come up forsale?. Anyway it's all coming together now but has cost way more than planned. I can see finishing the car and having no money left to rally it!

The best thing is Martin and I work the rallies, we get to hang out with the rally guys, drive the stages and party after!

Yeah, we are over in the Best Western with Rob,Matt Legacy #354. The party is in the Fairgrounds after the Rally , final beer consumption will be back at the hotel due to driving.

See you all there.
Cheers

Chris

Rally Legacy AWD #370 gone! Rally Suzuki swift GTI N1 #370 parted out. Now Mini Cooper #370 with STI suspension in Costa Rica