Ran 17 times tonight at PIR!

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Ran 17 times tonight at PIR!

Post by douglas vincent »

Ran 17 times tonight! That 5 miles only used about 4 gallons!

17 runs and only 2 were blown due to popped intercooler pipe, and 1 due to a mishift. And the last one with the popped intercooler pipe I switched to my NA map and still beat the Honda.

Out of 17 runs I had thirteen 1.8 0-60' times and four 1.9 0-60' times.

I had 4 runs 14.3 @ 94, 10 runs @ 14.4-14.6, and 3 runs slow due to the above mishaps....

But... Had one of the blown pipes blown, I shoulda coulda woulda gotten a 14.2. The 1/8 mile time was .05 faster than ANY of my other runs. Then I popped the pipe.

I was running 25 lbs of tire pressure and still spinning both fronts and the right rear. Just couldnt get any more traction. I was launching at 5500 rpm or so.

Other than not going faster and faster, I had a GREAT night. Nothing broke, I didnt detonate once, and was super consistant.

Oh yeah...

I switched the SMT6 perfect power over to use the MAF signal instead of the TPS. Good and bad. Good for use with the supercharger. Extremely bad for use when off the supercharger, ie NA. The same cell is used in 4th and 5th, but obviously stuff is different. So the wagon doesnt run that swell right now around town. I plan on using relays and the two separate maps to cure this. When I am on MAP A, I will use the TPS sensor for the NA setup. When on MAP B, I will use the MAF for the supercharger. Should work fine.
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Nice runs.

Glad to hear you're finally keeping your piping together :). Do you have any vids of these runs you'd like to share?
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.