60 buck track day in Bremerton, WA - Saturday 28th?..

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Adam West
Fourth Gear

60 buck track day in Bremerton, WA - Saturday 28th?..

Post by Adam West »

Hey all, Check out the good times you missed!

Unfortunately it was an expensive day - SuperRallyRoo Matt blew up his tranny after passing most of the cars in the intermediate class (Corvettes, Porsches, What else Matt?). We both benefited from the fog and damp track - we smoke on grip. I could use more speed on the straight...

My expense was finishing off a set of Pagid Red Box brake pads and ran metal on metal on the way home - toasting my rotors (on there last legs anyway tho)...

Also, a cone ate my fender liner and bumper brace. Scary because I thought it was my tire delaminating...

Lots of foks going off and crazy dicing hi-jinks that were getting out of hand as the testosterone started flowing and the track dried out. Lots of scary fast cars and so, so experience levels...

Still fun as heck! Check out the wide variety of cars! Happy to say that there was an STI with FMIC that could take any car in the expert class!

My car eating a cone after brakes are gone...
http://picasaweb.google.com/ghassansall ... 3341878290

Me and the 93 dicing cones (notice the telltale brake dust on rims)...
http://picasaweb.google.com/ghassansall ... 3209744402

The whole group - 120 plus photos
http://picasaweb.google.com/ghassansall ... portsPark/

No lie...Email these guys and send them a check.

Basically a chilled out group of old german cars guys- 911s, 924s, Rabbits, a supercharged MR2, spec Miatas - eclectic. Very fun. Ran with them in March and got 5 x 25 minute sessions in - basically all you can eat in a day. Exhausting and exhilarating.

Find yourself speeding in traffic making gonzo moves? I find a day at the track is just the ticket to mellow you right out.

So far I have interest from Jake 15 and SuperRallyRoo Matt and I just pinged dscoobydoo Drew about it. Who's in? Who's out? Can we get a Legacy show of force going here?

This is by an large the best deal out there I know of...

No track experience needed to run in the Beg. group.

http://www.irdc-racing.com/

Check it!

Adam West
Last edited by Adam West on Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

<clip> for the lazy...in March there were about 22 cars TOTAL...

October 28, 2006, Saturday - Bremerton Motorsports Park

Because of rising costs and the popularity of this event, there are new Pricing, Registration, and Payment Procedures. There is a FAQ at the end to answer some questions.

There will be four run groups. Three door slammer groups, beginner, intermediate, and advanced. One open wheel/sports racer. Each group is limited to 22 cars, first come, first served.
-Open to street cars, racecars, open wheel formula, and sports racers. We'll run til dark! Everyone will get lots of track time.
-Convertibles must have a roll bar, exceptions, Porsche 914, Fiat X1/9, Volkswagen Cab, Porsche Boxster with factory hard top attached, Miata with hard top attached. Others inquire before hand.
-Helmets required for Drivers and Passengers, street car factory belts OK.
-Valid Washington or Oregon State, or equivalent, Driver's License required for all drivers.
-Gates open at 7:30am, Mandatory Drivers Meeting at 8:45, first cars on track at 9
-Rookies will be teamed up with Senior drivers.

$40 per car per run group for IRDC members. Registration is now open for IRDC members. On July 10th, non filled spots are open to other car clubs, at a cost of $60 per car, per run group. Or join IRDC for the reduced rate.

Pre-register via e-mail porschesteve@hotmail.com or snail mail (see address below).
Include:

Name of driver(s),
Type of car
Preferred group to participate in:
Beg.
Int.
Adv.
Open Wheel/Sports Racer
if you have questions about which group you fit in to, email Steve

Send check or MO, made out to IRDC, to:

Steve Barnes
644 Strander BLVD, Apt #354
Seattle WA 98188.
93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's
jake15
Fourth Gear

Post by jake15 »

i wont be able to make it..... my car will be in the body shop :(
90' legacy built ej257 gt30r 6spd r180 and brembos Bitches 402whp @22psi :D -sexy red
94' Impreza wagon AWD 2.2ltr rally wagon FTW!
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

Split the cost with Robbie and use his car? If you come you will want to run! So much fun!!
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

Steve Barnes tells me there are only four spots left in the Beg group... Let's fill her up!

SuperRallyRoo Matt is in so that's two of us so far!

Any other takers?

115 mph straight (stock SS) to an 60 mph left to another straight with a fast autocross setup of 3 or four sweeping turns to a dog leg left back to the straight away...Very fast and very fun...
SuperRallyRoo
Third Gear

Post by SuperRallyRoo »

I'm going to own all you fools. :)
He said i'm going to be in the INT group? Does that mean I won't be running with you? Shoot... uuh hrm he said just show up and pay and there will be room for me in some class.
Last edited by SuperRallyRoo on Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legacyless
98 Jetta TDI
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

which car you taking matt?
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
SuperRallyRoo
Third Gear

Post by SuperRallyRoo »

Touring wagon... No wait maybe i'll bring the 81 wagon with 80hp! haha.
uh oh I have more subarus then what shows up in my sig!
Legacyless
98 Jetta TDI
snowone
In Neutral

Post by snowone »

Just emailed home-slice about space avail... I'm game, though had plans to go spectate my BMW bros at the Enduro at Portland Raceway that same day. Hmmm watch or Drive... such a tough decision.
free5ty1e
Fifth Gear

Post by free5ty1e »

Watch or drive is a no-brainer - drive!!

Man I wish I could make it, that would be hella fun.
-Chris
91SS 4EAT stock
91SS 5MT awaiting engine rebuild and VF36...
92SS 4EAT - RIP :(
94SS 5MT4.11+rLSD 289k km: RobTune550,TD05-16g @ 18psi,FMIC,3"TBE,Forester lift
SuperRallyRoo
Third Gear

Post by SuperRallyRoo »

I got a guy in an 06 wrx interested... So he will probably show up if theres space still.
Legacyless
98 Jetta TDI
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

SRR Matt, Beg or inter - totally arbitrary. Basically you want to run with cars you can keep up with. No fun running with M3's and late model Porsches or whatever - you wanna be in a class where you can dice and catch people. Great news about your WRX buddy coming - yes, Subarus of any kind in force! But yeah, even if he drives like a granny in the twisties unfortunately he'll be able to catch on the straight...

Snow One Brian, Great to see you posting. Love it if you came along - BD legacies are cool too but you'll wish you had a turbo!

Cheers and let us know what you decide.
SuperRallyRoo
Third Gear

Post by SuperRallyRoo »

Him? catch me? on the straight... I don't think sooo lol
Legacyless
98 Jetta TDI
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

SuperRallyRoo wrote:Touring wagon... No wait maybe i'll bring the 81 wagon with 80hp! haha.
uh oh I have more subarus then what shows up in my sig!
:lol:
"Power is NOTHING without control"
1994 & 2005 Legacy GT Wagons
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

O.k. Matt, blowin smoke...

so if you have it floored and are doing 110 and your friend's in front of you doing 120 how are you going to catch? Get out and run? <grin>

It's gonna be fun!!!
SuperRallyRoo
Third Gear

Post by SuperRallyRoo »

I raced him and his car is not that much faster then mine from 60-130mph... But i know for a fact that my wagon outhandles a stock wrx.
Legacyless
98 Jetta TDI
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

O.k. got that one figured out.

Who else is in? Any other takers here? I thought we'd have more takers...

Ferrari294? Who else?

How about the guy that bought Laurel's car? Oh, yeah, how awesome would that be to have two wagon's dicing?! Can someone pm him this thread?...
SuperRallyRoo
Third Gear

Post by SuperRallyRoo »

my wagon would stomp all over laurels old wagon too haha.
Legacyless
98 Jetta TDI
SuperRallyRoo
Third Gear

Post by SuperRallyRoo »

I really don't wanna butter up my nice new tires though so i'm gonna take it kinda easy in the corners. Tires are really expensive!
Legacyless
98 Jetta TDI
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

man i can't go.
wish i could. sound's like fun.
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

See first post for links to photos of day!
SuperRallyRoo
Third Gear

Post by SuperRallyRoo »

I broke my tranny so bad at this I wish I hadn't broken it so bad... :( I had fun catching up with porsches and following a 5.0l mustang passing him then keepin right up with a newer corvette! YA THATS RIGHT LAUREL my touring wagon handles better then a corvette!
Legacyless
98 Jetta TDI
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

Definatly interested.

Works seems happy with me so looks like im gonna be stuck out in eastern WA for a while. Away from all friends and family. So Taking my new-to-me SS out for a road trip and a day playing at the track sounds like a blast!
Dave

Post by Adam West »

This was last year but yes, come down to the next one - good times, cheap...

http://www.irdc-racing.com/