Gettign started in Rally-x

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Psychoreo
Second Gear

Gettign started in Rally-x

Post by Psychoreo »

So I'm really interested in getting the wheels really dirty come next summer but I have no idea of how/where to begin. I'm assuming there's classes and such where you can learn techniques and the like but are there any close-ish to southern or western mass?

Oh, and I know I saw a link on here somewhere but I can't find again listing the different rules and regs for the varying levels and leagues for rally... anyone have that tid bit lying around? Thanks!
stupid electrical work...
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

You don't really need any classes and you don't really need to do anything to your car (for starters at least). Just go try it.

SCCA's New England Region has lots of events and they run a tight ship (safe). If you go to the SCCA page, then go to find a region near you, you should be able to track it down.
Last edited by rallysam on Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
Psychoreo
Second Gear

Post by Psychoreo »

sounds good. They allow sun roofs?
stupid electrical work...
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Yeah. Pretty much any car as long as it isn't a convertable. You can take your grandma's station wagon if you like.
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com