SCCA rally-x rule question

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

rfizzle
First Gear

SCCA rally-x rule question

Post by rfizzle »

i have a question for those of you who rallycross in SCCA

am I allowed to do a ej22 to ej22t motor swap, i read the rules well kinda skimed them and it said something about original engine enigine. I dont know if that means THE Original Factory engine or like i cant put a V8 in it.
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

If you turbo it, thats NOT the original engine. You go to MODIFIED.
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
rfizzle
First Gear

Post by rfizzle »

yeah after i read my post i kinda relized that
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

For RallyX, I wouldn't worry too much about what class you end up in. It doesn't make much of a difference. Mod your car if it's fun. I did.

Don't expect the mods to help you post much faster times at rallyX. But, the good news is, the mods don't help your competitors much, either, so there's no reason to be afraid of stepping up into the modded classes. They probably aren't that much faster. If they are, it's because of the nut behind the wheel, not because they spent a lot of money.
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

yeah, rallycross is really a drivers sport. ea cars can smoke an sti in the right hands. tires help a lot, and open tread patterns can bump you up in classes as well.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
legacymax
Second Gear

Post by legacymax »

206er wrote:yeah, rallycross is really a drivers sport. ea cars can smoke an sti in the right hands. tires help a lot, and open tread patterns can bump you up in classes as well.
I can(and have) beat stis, evos, wrxs all day in my impreza 1.8 on stock suspension. It is those damn 323GTXs with good drivers that get me. i.e. Carl Sealander in Utah
-Max
94 legacy Silver Touring Wagon now w/ 5spd, Ground Controls, ej20g, rear VLSD, td05, and edms.
95 impreza Rally car. 3.0 H6
88 Toyota fj62 OME lift.
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

yeah carl is damn good. and his 323 is really nice to be used as a rallycross beater. those cars were pretty much designed perfectly for rallycross eh. small, light, center diff lock, good power.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

Post by Legacy Rally Guy »

Just dont do like me and build up a Legacy SS... Being a rookie driver, I was not allowed to enter due to starting out in a turbo awd car, so now I'm going with a little dodge omni until I get my status up a bit.. A shame though, my Legacy was all ready for an engine rebuild, after I rebuilt everything else.
1991 Legacy N/A- Being built to withstand zombie apocalypse!
2004 WRX STi- (GT3076r, 850cc Deatchwerks, Unequal Length Headers, FMIC, Alum Driveshaft, Camber Kit, Daily Driver)
scuzzy
Third Gear

Post by scuzzy »

douglas vincent wrote:If you turbo it, thats NOT the original engine. You go to MODIFIED.
actually, it puts you in street modified - if you do suspension geometry changes, then you goto modified. things like antiliftkits will put you in modified.

engine swaps are just street mod
91 Legacy Wagon, Total Rally Car.

#82 M4 TRSCCA Rallycross

http://www.youtube.com/mobilepolice/
aspect
First Gear

Post by aspect »

Legacy Rally Guy wrote:Just dont do like me and build up a Legacy SS... Being a rookie driver, I was not allowed to enter due to starting out in a turbo awd car, so now I'm going with a little dodge omni until I get my status up a bit.. A shame though, my Legacy was all ready for an engine rebuild, after I rebuilt everything else.
Wow, that's a really stupid rule. For prorally sure, you might actually hurt yourself, but rallyx? Give me a break. Autocross is more dangerous.
dirt-covered 91 SS prorally
pat richard roll cage, DMS 50mm, stickers...
SOLD :(

99 impreza RS
ver. 7 sti swap, ver. 6 RA suspension, JDM bodywork, rotated GT28rs
DangerWagon
In Neutral

Post by DangerWagon »

Yeah, I race with Karl Sealander every month. He is so smooth. He is a way cool guy too. He isn't the kinda guy that would let his skill go to his head. seriously he has taught me quite a bit! Oh boy his car should be the envy of any body that loves to drive and/or race. His DMS suspension is worth more, I think, then the combined value of every entrant. That is saying alot, we had a 3-cylinder turbo metro! I can't wait until out first event next saturday, I has been since october!

What was with the no turbo rule for beginers, we don't have that here, oh well.
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

aspect wrote:
Legacy Rally Guy wrote:Just dont do like me and build up a Legacy SS... Being a rookie driver, I was not allowed to enter due to starting out in a turbo awd car, so now I'm going with a little dodge omni until I get my status up a bit.. A shame though, my Legacy was all ready for an engine rebuild, after I rebuilt everything else.
Wow, that's a really stupid rule. For prorally sure, you might actually hurt yourself, but rallyx? Give me a break. Autocross is more dangerous.
He's prolly talking about pro rally. They have that rule. I doubt any rallycross clubs do. SCCA rallyX definitely doesn't.
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com