Old legacy rally era

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Post Reply
Darkseb
In Neutral
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:16 am
Location: Québec,Canada

Old legacy rally era

Post by Darkseb » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:46 pm

hey anyone have some link,website(exept youtube),book,info on the specific setup of Mcrae legacy? I know there a something on you tube but i want more thanks
SS 91,94,GC V7 on the way...(subaru toys),GTI 92,TDi 00,Audi 200 turbo quattro(german toys),Dodge Dakota 00(for sale)R6 00(2 wheels bomb...)

PRT
First Gear
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:27 pm
Location: Mirabel, Canada
Contact:

Post by PRT » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:13 am

C'est quoi tu veux savoir exactement ?
Nick
PRT motorsport Rally Team

jamal
Vendor
Vendor
Posts: 2484
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:34 am
Location: Missoula
Contact:

Post by jamal » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:16 am

je voudrai savior les details concernant le moteur, turbo, freins, diffs, etc.





my french is a little rusty.

PRT
First Gear
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:27 pm
Location: Mirabel, Canada
Contact:

Post by PRT » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:30 pm

jamal wrote:je voudrai savior les details concernant le moteur, turbo, freins, diffs, etc.
my french is a little rusty.

That's pretty good if you didn't use a web translator :wink:

Engine; EJ20 Water to Air intercooler
Turbo; IHI VF15
Brakes; AP Racing 4 piston 305mm rotors
Diff; Hewland
Wheels; Speedline
Suspension; Bilstein
Nick
PRT motorsport Rally Team

Darkseb
In Neutral
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:16 am
Location: Québec,Canada

Post by Darkseb » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:45 pm

Nice! en francais svp!!! Thanks. some links where you find that?
SS 91,94,GC V7 on the way...(subaru toys),GTI 92,TDi 00,Audi 200 turbo quattro(german toys),Dodge Dakota 00(for sale)R6 00(2 wheels bomb...)

jamal
Vendor
Vendor
Posts: 2484
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:34 am
Location: Missoula
Contact:

Post by jamal » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:30 am

PRT wrote:That's pretty good if you didn't use a web translator :wink:

Engine; EJ20 Water to Air intercooler
Turbo; IHI VF15
Brakes; AP Racing 4 piston 305mm rotors
Diff; Hewland
Wheels; Speedline
Suspension; Bilstein


Merci, et non, j'utilize pas un traslateur, je suis Canadien et pendant les treise ans je vivait la j'etais en immersion francais.

Est-ce que vous savez plus au subject des diffs, et s'ils etais electronicque ou mechanical?

Dan@prodrive ma dite q'ils ont encore les pieces de rally pour les legacies. La prochain fois que je lui vois je demanderai qu-est q'il y a et combien ca cout.

I think I got most of those conjunctions right. It's been like 6 years since I've even spoken more than a few words of french.

PRT
First Gear
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:27 pm
Location: Mirabel, Canada
Contact:

Post by PRT » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:27 pm

Wow, good french... not too many mistakes...
Dan Antonielli ? Hmmm, I have a hard time beleiving they still have parts for the old BC5... They bearly have GrpA GC parts if not at all.
I got a couple contacts at Prodrive UK and they looked into it for me. With no success. But a load on insides as one of them was there at the time of the build.


Front and center diff are variable-pressure hydraulic type
The rear was a spool type
Hewland/Prodrive magnesium casing
Steel propshaft by GKN

At one point they had the first hydraulic shifter to the steering... But the drivers hated it.
I asked McRae last year at the Xgames and the Legacy was his favorite rallycar... Didn't have time to talk with him this year... way too busy with our car.
Nick
PRT motorsport Rally Team

jamal
Vendor
Vendor
Posts: 2484
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:34 am
Location: Missoula
Contact:

Post by jamal » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:09 am

PRT wrote:Wow, good french... not too many mistakes...
Dan Antonielli ? Hmmm, I have a hard time beleiving they still have parts for the old BC5... They bearly have GrpA GC parts if not at all.
I got a couple contacts at Prodrive UK and they looked into it for me. With no success. But a load on insides as one of them was there at the time of the build..


Not sure. We were partying at rim of the world a few years ago and he mentioned they had some legacy rally stuff. I need to stop by there fairly soon so I'll bring it up then. Anyway I think we'd all be happy if you posted everything you know about the old rally cars.

Also, I really should have gone to the x-games. I work a few blocks from the home depot center.

PRT
First Gear
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:27 pm
Location: Mirabel, Canada
Contact:

Post by PRT » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:05 pm

jamal wrote:Not sure. We were partying at rim of the world a few years ago and he mentioned they had some legacy rally stuff. I need to stop by there fairly soon so I'll bring it up then.

Maybe it was GrpN parts... Which is basicly STI parts...
jamal wrote:Anyway I think we'd all be happy if you posted everything you know about the old rally cars.

There's way too much stuff to write. I got so many pics, documents, verbal info, specs, parts... Ask specific and I might be able to answer.
But here's a little something to make everybody in america happy... The works GrpA had parts on it from the US spec Legacy for weight reduction !
jamal wrote:Also, I really should have gone to the x-games. I work a few blocks from the home depot center.

Wow, you really mist something! And you have no excuses for not being there ! It was a great show (race)...
Nick
PRT motorsport Rally Team

n2x4
Fourth Gear
Posts: 1522
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:52 pm
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Contact:

Post by n2x4 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:18 pm

I've done a little bit of VF turbo research but a lot isn't clear. Isn't the VF15 off of a twin turbo motor?
SUBARUEHS Racing

PRT
First Gear
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:27 pm
Location: Mirabel, Canada
Contact:

Post by PRT » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:52 pm

n2x4 wrote:I've done a little bit of VF turbo research but a lot isn't clear. Isn't the VF15 off of a twin turbo motor?

Nope, VF15 was a turbo developped by IHI for the GrpA Subaru not available to general public unless you had 10k to spend... If you find one used below 3-5000$ in good shape, let me know.
Nick
PRT motorsport Rally Team

n2x4
Fourth Gear
Posts: 1522
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:52 pm
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Contact:

Post by n2x4 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:20 pm

Damn, nevermind then!
SUBARUEHS Racing

spikey
In Neutral
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:56 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Old legacy rally era

Post by spikey » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:49 pm

I know this is an old topic but I came across a Vf15 turbo in Japan and I snapped it up, I did not know what it was at the time, but it looked different to all the other early IHI turbo's, It is in great condition and all the blades are intact, I'm sure they would be only handful of these turbo's left in the world :-D

James614
Fourth Gear
Posts: 1744
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:35 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: Old legacy rally era

Post by James614 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:45 pm

I'd love to see pics of the VF15 if you have them.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.

spikey
In Neutral
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:56 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Old legacy rally era

Post by spikey » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:05 am

I will get some pics and post them, here a link on the BC RS WRC car.
http://racingcars.wikidot.com/subaru-legacy-bc-rs

Post Reply