Legacy is still running in MA

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

rally370
Second Gear

Legacy is still running in MA

Post by rally370 »

Folks!

It's been a while since I venture onto this site since my move to MA. I spend most of my time working in Costa Rica and the rest of the time driving the Legacy to work in Marlborough. Ok now a exactly rallying but still a buzz to drive the old girl to work and watch the locals look in wonder of a race car on the road. One kind tree hugger bloke told me cars like mine should be banned..............Bollocks get a life!

Rallying for me will most likely be down in Costa Rica in some cheap 2WD box....but I do plan to buy a house down there and my road/sleeper car will be an old Legacy with a sneaky 2.5L motor fitted :D .....stay tuned.

Anyway a funny problem happened over the weekend. One that I did not experience in CA due to the slightly warmer climate! I could not demist the windscreen!!!!!! reason? the dash was cut to install the cage and in doing so the vent were opened up. Solution? one can of expanding foam around the cage and open vents....now I can see in the cold and lokk forward to some snow fun. I even had the car undersealed yesterday as all the salt on the bare CA metal will have it a rust bucket in no time.

Well Barrett yer babies still going with it's new 2.5L motor.
Cheers

Chris

Rally Legacy AWD #370 gone! Rally Suzuki swift GTI N1 #370 parted out. Now Mini Cooper #370 with STI suspension in Costa Rica
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Touch up underseal every year and you should be fine for a while. MA is better than some states as the sand is easier on the car than the pure salt they use elsewhere.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Legacy294
Vendor
Vendor

Re: Legacy is still running in MA

Post by Legacy294 »

rally370 wrote:Folks!

It's been a while since I venture onto this site since my move to MA. I spend most of my time working in Costa Rica and the rest of the time driving the Legacy to work in Marlborough. Ok now a exactly rallying but still a buzz to drive the old girl to work and watch the locals look in wonder of a race car on the road. One kind tree hugger bloke told me cars like mine should be banned..............Bollocks get a life!

Rallying for me will most likely be down in Costa Rica in some cheap 2WD box....but I do plan to buy a house down there and my road/sleeper car will be an old Legacy with a sneaky 2.5L motor fitted :D .....stay tuned.

Anyway a funny problem happened over the weekend. One that I did not experience in CA due to the slightly warmer climate! I could not demist the windscreen!!!!!! reason? the dash was cut to install the cage and in doing so the vent were opened up. Solution? one can of expanding foam around the cage and open vents....now I can see in the cold and lokk forward to some snow fun. I even had the car undersealed yesterday as all the salt on the bare CA metal will have it a rust bucket in no time.

Well Barrett yer babies still going with it's new 2.5L motor.
Hey Chris,
Glad that "The Beast" is still going strong..That car still got the best stage mile per dollar ratio out there. Throw some gravel the tree huggers' way..:)

How are things out there? Hopefully well.. Ben was down a couple of weeks ago, and we had a Guiness or 2 in your honor.:D We were scouting roads for a new event down here.

Hope that our paths will cross again when you are out this way.. Are your contact #s the same? If not, PM me so we can chat and catch up..

Cheers,
B-
'96 GF/STi Rally wagon, under construction

If it's mechanical, it WILL break...
www.allwheelsdriven.net