Autosports Northwest Winter Rally-X (Spokane/CDA)

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

skid542
Fifth Gear

Autosports Northwest Winter Rally-X (Spokane/CDA)

Post by skid542 »

It's that time of year again and snow's in the forecast. Autosports Northwest, www.autosportsnorthwest.org , will be working on holding our winter snow rally-x's again this year. If you've never done this before - it's an absolute blast and nothing to be missed. Sure, we've all played around in parking lots and drifted the occasional intersection in the snow - but trust me, you can't drive like this anywhere on the streets!!!

There will be plenty of runs. Good people and more than a couple of Subaru's.

Pre-registration through the AXWare ORM is requested and strongly encouraged. It really helps the event start smoothly and you won't make someone type all of your information into a computer with frozen fingers. You'll need an account and a rally car entry in your ORM garage, and pre-payment will be mandatory to keep track of how many people are seriously planning on showing up. Here's how to do it - http://www.autosportsnorthwest.org/foru ... php?t=2272

We need a minimum of 15 drivers to pre-pay for each event in order for this to work. If we don't have enough paid entries before the event, we'll have to cancel that weekend. Aside from lack of participation, the only reason for event cancellation I foresee is too much snow/ice for a safe, fun event (not everybody's in a $200 car). If an event is cancelled, refunds will be issued promptly to all who pre-paid. The refund can be applied towards the next event through the ORM Bank, or you can request a check. If you just show up to an event without having pre-registered and pre-paid, we won't turn you away, but please just pre-register if you think you'll come. It's no problem to unregister if your plans change.

Cost is $25 for members and $30 for non-members, per day. There is a $5 discount if you pre-register and pre-pay for both days of an event weekend. This is cheaper than most lift tickets!

Rules for tech inspection follow current SCCA regulations.

Classing is simple -

Novice - Brand new to the sport, 1st season only
Amateur - Some rallycross experience, but no additional training
Professional - Rally school student, teacher, or professional racer

So the classes are as follows...
Novice - N2 & N4
Amateur - A2 & A4
Professional - P2 & P4

If we don't have snow, we'll do a cold Auto-X. Same rules as Rally-X, just no studs allowed.

Daily Schedule -

8:00 Gate opens
8:00 Tech and Registration open
9:00 Tech and Registration CLOSED
9:10 Drivers meeting
9:30 First car out!!!

Season Schedule -

Dec. 5-6______#1-2
Dec. 19-20____#1-2 Backup
Jan. 2-3______#3-4
Jan. 30-31____#5-6
Feb. 20-21____#7-8

I'm working as co-President/VP and can answer any questions you have. If I don't have the answer directly, I can get it. We'd love to have anybody and everybody show up. All are welcome regardless of age or experience. Out-of-towners are welcome and we can make arrangements to get you firm directions. Camping for the hearty is available trackside if you wish.

Hope to see you there!!
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

OMG OMG I think I might have to do this.

I've never done any Auto-X or Rally-X before. What class would I be in? I have a stock engine, but STi struts/springs.

Also I have tint, I know some race tracks won't allow it, is it the same for this? Or does it matter since there's no other cars on the track with you?
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Street modified due to the suspension, I think. I'd like to volunteer at one of these since I don't have a working car that I'd feel comfortable doing an event in.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

I'd love to go, but man that is a long way for just a rallyx.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Apex3 - For Auto-x you'd fall into a prepared category. For Rally-X you'd fall into Novice 4WD.

Mike - Feel free to come out anytime. You may not have a car you're comfortable driving but I can garauntee you'll have all the rides you want :).

206er - It is a long way for just a Rally-X. However, when we have snow and the turn out is low we typically do 'fun' runs after the actual racing. Last year I probably got a good 20 runs in after the racing. It was awesome, ran until the tire that had a slow leak got too low and blew a bead (I got caught up in racing and forgot to check the air :-o).

Last year - http://www.flickr.com/photos/mistayuck/3110231878

*BTW, I beat him in raw times in my OBW ;). I say this so that everyone fully understands Rally-X is about the driver more than the car and our cars are PLENTY competitive.
Lee

Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

GRRRRR i want to make it so bad. but i work fri and sat and thats it... so obviously money is short, and I would only be able to race sunday..... damnit!
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Matt, I completely understand your frustration.

There is a simple solution though - just come race on Sunday :). As far as money, just think of this as an extended day at the movie theatre or a cheap date.
Lee

skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

*Breaking News*

The event has been postponed until the 19-20th. I will follow with more details later but the long and short - we didn't have enough people signed up to make this happen this weekend.

We need a minimum of 15 pre-paid racers and we only had 6 pre-paid and another 6 saying they'd pay at the event.

:(. But hopefully we'll have some snow in another couple of weeks.
Lee

SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

I almost forgot about this! I'll pre register for the 19th/20th!

Anyone that can make it should go! It'll be a blast and the more Subies and older legacys the better
-Jordan

"Nothing Stings Like a Subee"

1992 Legacy SS, 5MT, 140k, some mods ;)
1993 Legacy Wagon, 5MT, 220k!
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

Lee, I thought it was $30 for the weekend wasn't it?
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

I was waiting to see if it was gonna snow to sign up, looks like it's not gonna anyway. Won't be able to make it the 19th or 20th, I'll be in Seattle, but maybe next time.

Another important question, I don't have a helmet, do we need one? If so, are there rentals?
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

They have helmets u can use for free, its a really great group. Just come with a race-ready car and your good to go. (Have to pass tech)
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Apex3 wrote:I was waiting to see if it was gonna snow to sign up, looks like it's not gonna anyway.
This was my hang up. I'm not about to auto x on my snowtires. I'm crossing my fingers for snow for the next time.
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

So I did the whole axwaresystems account thing, but how do you register for the event without paying online?

I dont have the money right now, but I still want to register so we can get the 15 people.
-Jordan

monstaru
First Gear

Post by monstaru »

i just registered.......she is ok with it, and i have no idea what i am doing.
but it feels good.
it won't even be my car! :lol: it will be hers!

oh well, it will give me more to appreciate when i do get to drive a real car. :twisted:
is there a rider age limit that i missed somewhere?
cheers, brian
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Sorry for the late response back to all the questions. The latter part of the week last week at work was nuts and I didn't get a chance to really get on and answer your questions.

Matt - I was wrong about the pricing or I was mixing up day/weekend rates. It's a little high but the trade off is we need less people to make the event happen.

Apex - Matt is correct. We have free loaner helmets. All you need is a race ready car.

Jordan - You can preregister but unless we have 15 pre-paid people we can't do the race. If it gets cancelled, there will be full refunds issued. It's unfortunate we have to do it this way but the Rally-X is a delicate club situation and we can't afford to have weekends where we don't break even. Still pre-register even if you can't pay though because it does help.

Monstaru - Awesome. Glad we'll get you out there. It's a blast. As far as rider age - they have to be big/old enough that the front seat belt provides correct personal protection in the event of a crash. BTW - Let me know when you get a chance about the strut situation if you would.

Let's all pray for snow!! If for some reason we don't have snow and we can't do it in Dec., we'll still be pushing for Jan. Tell your friends and come ready for fun :)!

Let me know if there are any other questions or concerns I can help out with.
Lee

SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

I'll try and get some money in the bank and pre register.

Im prayin for snow on the mountains and for RallyX!!
-Jordan

SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

so $60 for the whole weekend right?
-Jordan

skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

I believe it's $55 unless you're a club member then it's $45 for the whole weekend, all if you signup for both days. I think the $5 discount is available to the non-membership registrations.
Lee

Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

OK I will definately try my hardest to make it, but there is no way I can pre register, my last paycheck was $170 haha... so hopefully I'll see you guys out there
monstaru
First Gear

Post by monstaru »

we have to RALLY!dangit......i was looking forward to this.IN JANUARY!!!!!!!come on boys, get it together, we need to rally.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!cheers,brian
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

Agree for sure man. We need snow also..
-Jordan

biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Next week looks a bit like snow...
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
Long live the forums! Down with FB!
monstaru
First Gear

Post by monstaru »

do i need to reregister for the january session if i am still carrying over moenies from the cancellation?cheers, brian
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

wtf... we had a good amount of snow and then it rains... all gone :(