Olympus Rally

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Re: Olympus Rally

Post by kleinkid »

Probably would be on Sunday. It was last year.
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

Decided I'm not going, Too close to finals, I'll be going to Oregon Trail again instead
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

The actual stages wont come out till closer to the rally. But Im sure brooklyn will be sunday.

Matt and I will be out there for sure! Taking my car to PIA a couple days before to get it checked out
-Jordan

"Nothing Stings Like a Subee"

1992 Legacy SS, 5MT, 140k, some mods ;)
1993 Legacy Wagon, 5MT, 220k!
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

Asked for the days off finally. Be over that way from Wednesday- Monday, mini road trip to the coast, PIA stop and Rally and hopefully meet up with some LegacyCentral people. Should be a fun time!
-Jordan

kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I'll be at the brooklyn stage on the 25th which is a sunday.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

vurry noice! Hopefully Im working that stage, keep an eye out for a Silver SS with black, hard to miss really.

Im stoked. Love road trips, love the coast, love subies, love rally cars and love watching the pros do their thing.
-Jordan

kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

My GF was wanting to know if you get to meet travis pastrana or any of the other pros? I don't know how that all works. The last one I went to I only saw them go by and then come back a couple hours later or whatever it was. I never saw where they started from or where they ended or where the hell they went in the intermission between.

She really wants to meet pastrana. Go figure.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

Well if you volunteer you can eat dinner with him at the banquet lol and all the other volunteers, works and drivers/co drivers.

If not than your best bet is the Parc Expose in Ocean Shores Saturday, it says 8am. All the drivers/co drivers and cars are there and you can meet them and all that good stuff.

http://www.olympusrally.com/schedule/

This was last year in Aberdeen:
-Jordan

kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

Parc Expose on Saturday or Sunday morning is a good time to see the drivers and cars up close. That is what it is for. Hang out at the headquarters hotel. Banquet on Sunday after the race.

We should get legacycentral people together for a group picture at some point, with Pastrana and/or Mirra.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

That's too far away from here.
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

Kimo--you don't have to walk to get there! Drive your car.

Maybe we'll run into you on the Brooklyn stage.
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

It cant be that far, Im driving 400 miles to get there haha

So how many people from LC are going? He should swap numbers or something. Figure out a place for a mini LC meet maybe.
-Jordan

biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

I'm headed out there friday, don't really know my sched though yet, I'm going to be wrenching/hanging out at the service park for a Legacy team from Boise and one of the Rallitek cars.
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
Long live the forums! Down with FB!
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

Changed my mind I'm probably going, not as close to finals as I thought, and Springfest is gonna be shit this year. I'll be there Saturday.

Don't know if any of you saw this, but any of you in the Renton/Kent area might wanna check this out on Thursday. The track for this should be interesting, it's a go kart track, so it's pretty tight turns, but it's a really big one that they have track days on occasionally too. Wish I could go...

kimokalihi wrote:My GF was wanting to know if you get to meet travis pastrana or any of the other pros? I don't know how that all works. The last one I went to I only saw them go by and then come back a couple hours later or whatever it was. I never saw where they started from or where they ended or where the hell they went in the intermission between.

She really wants to meet pastrana. Go figure.
We had several chances to last year at the Oregon Trail Rally, first before they left on Saturday, and then he shotgunned a beer with the people next to us after the rally was over on Sunday :lol: I assume it's the same at the Olympus where there's a "starting" point, where everyone is parked before they head out to the stage itself, all the teams and whatnot are there.
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

On Tuesday April 20th, 6-7pm Travis Pastrana will be at Peninsula subaru in Gorst Wa. They are on Hwy. 16 between Bremerton and Port Orchard, near the Hwy. 3 interchange. I'm sure he will be at other PNW dealers that week also. Peninsula Subaru is also a Triumph Motorcycle dealer, so should have some cool bikes out also. I'll probably be there and will have my 7 year old grand son with me.
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

Volunteer worker assignments--I've been assigned to Stage Captain Kim Craddock. How about you guys?
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

I might head out there with my car too. When is a good day to go? I went to an SCCA pro rally event once in Shelton and they had a spectator course at the ORV Park. That was fun to watch. Is there gonna be an event like that? I'd like to go to that.
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

Im working with Gloria Hail

so is there going to be a LC meet and greet?
-Jordan

kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

The schedule says first car in on Saturday after the finish of the Taholah west 2 stage is 1757(nearly 6pm). Probably will be running late by then for sure. How about we meet at the Best Western motel(race head quarters), in Ocean Shores at 7:30 pm, then go eat dinner somewhere.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

I'm down.
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
Long live the forums! Down with FB!
Qman4x4
First Gear

Post by Qman4x4 »

Another great place to see and meet drivers is the service areas at Tahola and South Bend. They sign autographs and talk to fans while the car is being serviced. They have large posters that they sign and give out.

My crew is running time in and out of service as well as the service ham operator. I am service capt and can answer questions in/around service if needed.

Ken
Closet Legacy owner
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

Ken, some of us are volunteering also, so probably won't be able to get to service areas because we will be on stage somewhere. If you are at parc expose or are staying in Ocean Shores will probably see you around somewhere. Hope the weather doesn't get too sloppy.
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

kleinkid wrote:The schedule says first car in on Saturday after the finish of the Taholah west 2 stage is 1757(nearly 6pm). Probably will be running late by then for sure. How about we meet at the Best Western motel(race head quarters), in Ocean Shores at 7:30 pm, then go eat dinner somewhere.

Sounds good. Dunno how much I'll have for dinner, we're camping over there somewhere and doing it cheap
-Jordan

Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

Yea, I definately hope to meet up with you John. I think we decided to take my car since I have cruise control haha. Like Jordan said, we are all on the short side for money, but we can definately meet up and get something going!
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

We could even order pizza and eat in the hotel room. The beer is cheaper that way, and maybe even better.